Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hacked, Yahoo being stupid or just ISP?

• 01-08-2011 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I had a look at my recent activity on Yahoo and saw this:

weird-yahoo.jpg

I checked out my IP address and it's from Ireland, yet Yahoo says it's from the Netherlands?!

Now, what I want to know is this: Have I been hacked, is Yahoo being stupid or is it just my ISP? Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

is there anyway to see the ip address?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭ger101

Random wrote: »
    is there anyway to see the ip address
    Yeah, when you click on 'Location', it'll have 'IP Address' on the little drop-down menu. When you click on that, 'Netherlands' is changed to the IP address which is the exact same as my IP address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Are you with UPC? If so they could be mis-detecting a UPC Ireland IP as a UPC Netherlands one.

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Are you with UPC? If so they could be mis-detecting a UPC Ireland IP as a UPC Netherlands one.
    I am with UPC, yeah. If that's the case, is there anything I can do? Should I give them a call or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Contact UPC or Yahoo? I'd imagine its not UPCs fault, but Yahoo's. Whatever database they are using to geolocate your IP address isn't accurate or is out of date.

• Advertisement

Contact UPC or Yahoo? I'd imagine its not UPCs fault, but Yahoo's. Whatever database they are using to geolocate your IP address isn't accurate or is out of date.
    Okay, I'll get in contact with both of them and see what they say.

Advertisement