Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much would you need per day in Stockholm?

• 01-08-2011 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

I've heard its expensive but I have no idea how expensive, how much would I need to go for 4 days, visit a few places get something to eat and go out into town once or twice?

Also are there many beaches in Stockholm?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Loads of islands and I get the impression its more swimming places than beaches, but google does suggest some sandy beaches.

Beer is universally expensive in Sweden.

Travelling anywhere, its really down to your style than the price of the destination. I imagine tours and certain venues need €€€ (or KrKrKr!), but I'm sure there is lots to seee for free also. A good guide book with walking tours would be useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

I'm in the same position as OP. Going to Stockholm for 4 days. I changed €300 into the local currency. Hope this will be enough to cover my costs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Mac0783

Hi guys,

I've been to Sweden a couple of times as my o/h was working over there a good bit. The one thing I will say is that you're lucky you're going to Stockholm and not Gothenburg as I found Gothenburg much more expensive. It is a beautiful city and the locals are really friendly, there's a great buzz about the place. But unfortunately it is expensive, you will need to do plenty of walking to shop around for good price meals etc.. but the food there is excellent. Sorry I can't be of more help but can't for the life of me remember any of the places (pubs / resturants we went to).

Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've been to Stockholm many times. Currently I'd say it's on par with Dublin.
    Compare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

Just back from Stockholm and I'm raving about this city but it's not cheap. We found a great vegetarian restaurant called Hermans. They do a buffet for about 10euro and you can eat all you like. It's located up the hill from the gondola restaurant (Slussen area)and it has outdoor seating with a fantastic view over the water. We had a bit of trouble finding it but it was well worth the effort! Food is delicious! The address is Fjallgatan 23b so go up Katerinavagan and continue on. Sorry for not being more specific but you can check their website for more details. Enjoy your visit but steer clear of the wine, price is ridiculous!

• Advertisement
Advertisement