Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difficulty in finding a flat

Options
  • 01-08-2011 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

I've been searching for the past while on Daft and in the Advertiser for a flat for a couple in the city centre around 300 a month with no luck. Does anyone know of any other websites or lists I should check to find somewhere? I'm a masters student in NUIG.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Is it just a one bedroom place you're after or are you looking to share? It's unlikely you'll find a one bedroom flat in the city centre for €300pm, but well done if you do! Most places in town will be €400+. If you look on the outskirts, Renmore, Ballybane, Ballybrit etc you may find somewhere cheaper. I had a place near Salthill last year for €400pm but it was tiny, just enough room for me but would have been way too small for a couple. I'd say revise your budget up to €400 and best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Id be surprised if you got anything for less than €500. As said Renmore, Mervue, or similar distances would be more towards your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭orangebud

check out rent.ie

you'll be very lucky to get a place for €300. €400 is the cheapest i can find

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 78,428 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Feel free to stick something here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=38 or here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=975

You could put up your own ad on daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

hey i live in terryland and its 290 per month. only moved in back in march but i remember seeing places on daft.ie for around 350 down by the docks

when looking around i found that most other property sites had the exact same stuff as daft.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

That would normally be a room in a three bedroom flat on the docks and a lot of people do not like sharing with couples.

For that rent you will not get a flat in Galway city centre only a room in a shared house and then most would charge more for a couple sharing

Advertisement