Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pancake..you're fave toppings and what pan

Options
  • 01-08-2011 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend a decent pan for pancakes espcially, my non-stick isn't very non-stick. Would a regular Tefal do?

What's your favourite pancake topping? Maple syrup with a rasher is I think my fave along side Nutella of course.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

We have a great little pan from Ikea. I love maple syrup and bacon on a proper fat pancake, or blueberries and banana thrown in when it's cooking, yum. For thinner crepe type ones I love nutella and cream :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Lemon and sugar, cheese and fried onion chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

I use a well seasoned Calphon pan - never use nonstick worried about the health consequences plus I don't like the results.

American style with blueberries topped with maple syrup and bacon on the side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Nutella, nutella and more nutella :D:D:D Or else Golden syrup and lemon! On thin pancakes - hate those thick doughy ones!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Nutella with lemon, really brings out the taste. Yum!

But pancakes - so much effort for so little eating time :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Lemon, butter & sugar. My pan is non-non-stick. Just well-used & brought to the right temperature & a knob of butter added before I pour in the batter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

@Sbwife where did you get the Calphon pan?

I use the Nigella recipe where you pre-make the dry ingredients and I seperated them off into 250g tubs each then you just add a tablespoon of melted butter, milk and an egg. Very handy, although I get hubby to cook them coz I haven't the patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Definitely the old classic of lemon, sugar and butter! Use a non teflon pan. I always like mine thick-yum, yum,!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Maddylicious

Either maple syrup and streaky bacon with like American style or else fried banana with the pancakes and maple syrup. Nom nom :-)

@Sbwife where did you get the Calphon pan?.

Macy's when I lived in NYC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Pixie001

With regards to the non-stick pan - I love making those big fluffy american pancakes, and I use a non-stick pan from IKEA which was only about e5 or something, have never had a problem with them sticking!

Pixie001 wrote: »
    With regards to the non-stick pan - I love making those big fluffy american pancakes, and I use a non-stick pan from IKEA which was only about e5 or something, have never had a problem with them sticking!

I have two issues with non-stick pans neither of which is their effectiveness in terms of actually being non-stick.

Firstly, they if heated to high release toxic compounds.

Secondly, they don't brown food effectively until you get to those very high temperatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭xxxkarenxxx

Nutella on its own is delicious on pancakes although I have recntly found out a delicious new way to use it. In my local ice cream shop they serve crepes and ice cream with a "forerro rocher" sauch which is to die for! and to my surprise i found out its not actually melted forerros its actually lots of gooey melted nutella with crushed up ice cream wafers! so simple yet so delicious...add this to your pancakes and you wont be dissapointed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

to my surprise i found out its not actually melted forerros its actually lots of gooey melted nutella with crushed up ice cream wafers!
    Sounds good, nutella is actually made by the same ferrero company

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrero_Rocher#Ferrero_varieties
    Ferrero Rocher – a whole hazelnut, coated in milk chocolate, surrounded by 'Nutella' filling, and encased in a nut croquante.

Advertisement