Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tracing a private number

Options
  • 01-08-2011 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭

Is there any way to find out the nuimber of a private number call. I got one today, a bit abusive. Phone company said they can see calls made but not received

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Phone company said they can see calls made but not received
    That's a misunderstanding or a lie: your provider can track the number; to the originating provider at a bare minimum. They are probably just saying that, especially if it's not a formal/legal complaint.

Take a note of the call time and date, duration, and what you remember of the call (quotes).
    Report it to Gardai if they call again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭MapForJ

Karoma wrote: »
    That's a misunderstanding or a lie: your provider can track the number; to the originating provider at a bare minimum. They are probably just saying that, especially if it's not a formal/legal complaint.

Take a note of the call time and date, duration, and what you remember of the call (quotes).
    well to be fair i was only on to customer service and he said he could not but gardai could etc. Sorry should have said that. i was more like seeking away i could do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

there's no way you can. there's no way your phone provider will give you the info. the gardai can request the info from the phone provider for legitimate reasons and with various conditions etc.

report to the gardai if you are bothered by this / these call / calls or just forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Karoma wrote: »

The info is there alright, but not accessible by customer care or anyone unless the gardai request the information from their data protection office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

• Advertisement
Advertisement