Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeats??

• 01-08-2011 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hey just wondering does anyone know what the story is if you fail a repeat. Can you carry a module if you only fail one or do you have to repeat the module the next year and sit out a year more or less??

any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Dyl1991

If a student fails a repeat exam they must resit that exam the next time it runs (ie. The next academic year). Generally, this prevents the student from progressing to the next year of his/her course. Carrying modules forward is not a common practice. It is only permitted in certain circumstances and is assessed on an individual basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I thought that if you failed one subject in your year then you pay €500 and can carry that subject over to the following year??? Along with your other modules? And just resit the exam at the end of the year???

^ that was a straight copy and paste from an email Frances Sheridan sent me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

So does that basically mean you can go into the class for the year and then resit the exam at the end but only do that one module for the whole year.

And if, and when you pass that you can go onto the next year, but one year behind the rest of your class due to the repeat?

well if you fail, i its assessed whether they let you carry it over.

if they dont let you carry, you redo the module and waste a year on one module and be a year behind

• Advertisement
Advertisement