Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gabriel& Dresden - Sound Crowd Turntable Orchestra - The Village Venue Friday 9/09

Options
  • 01-08-2011 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Collective-Music present…
    Gabriel & Dresden - Voted #1 American Dance Act & Producers IDMA (International Dance Music Awards)
    Sound Crowd Turntable Orchestra [Mark Kavanagh & Tim Hannigan dj set] (Red Records)

John Gibbons (Club Educate/Spin FM)
    Bob McCarthy (Collective-Music)

Friday September 9th
    The Village Venue www.thevillagevenue.com
    26 Wexford Street
    Dublin 2
    Doors: 10 pm
    Advance Tickets: €17 (+ BF) from http://www.tickets.ie/events.aspx/search?s=gabriel%20and%20dresden
    Further info: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Collective-Music/224027127633616

Gabriel & Dresden
    Josh Gabriel & Dave Dresden have been active in the music industry for many years. Their break up as a duo in 2008 proved to be a short one, and with the boys recently reunited, they are once again on the road and touring the globe. Before their break-up, Gabriel & Dresden were packing clubs everywhere which included three sellout shows in Ireland.

Gabriel & Dresden are best known for being one of the most storied American dance music duos. Responsible for numerous #1 Billboard Club Chart hits, they have previously received the Dance Star award for ‘Best Breakthrough DJ’ and IDMA awards as ‘Best Producers’ and 'Best American DJs’ (twice). They were behind tracks like ‘Tracking Treasure Down', 'Dangerous Power', 'Arcadia' and the award winning 'As The Rush Comes' (under their alias 'Motorcycle) with Jes Brieden, which picked up 'Best Progressive Trance Track' at the IDMA. They reached #20 in DJ Mag's world dj poll in 2006. Breaking the hearts of many when they split up in March 2008, they put many hearts back together when they reunited last New Year's Eve when 2010 turned to 2011 in Los Angeles.

Of course there is a myriad of Gabriel & Dresden tracks that have shaped their career: 'As The Rush Comes' is perhaps their most well known single, but remixes for the likes of Depeche Mode, Faithless, New Order, Way Out West, Madonna, Tiesto and The Killers, to name a few, have further cemented their legendary status. Not content with just this, G&D also took on Hollywood by remixing the original soundtrack to award winning American TV series Nip/Tuck (come on, admit you watch it) and also remixing the 'The Wings' (original soundtrack to Oscar award winning movie Brokeback Mountain). Gabriel & Dresden are once again going to show you why you fell in love with them in the first place, and for the Irish leg of their European tour they make a welcome return to play for Collective Music, in what is now our fourth show with them. The lads have many times commented how truly epic the previous three Dublin shows were, and there is no doubt that part four at The Village will be nothing short of breathtaking.

Sound Crowd Turntable Orchestra
    We are also delighted to announce the return of Sound Crowd Turntable Orchestra (Mark Kavanagh & Tim Hannigan dj set). Like G&D, some couples just can't say goodbye, and after long time apart, Mark and Tim reform for a special one-off dj set that will act as a warm-up to their official live reunion gig in 2012. Sound Crowd were Irish dance music's biggest act of the '90s, with their success as a production team coming at the height of the country's dance music / rave explosion. Armed with an extensive catalogue of club classics, Sound Crowd's influence on many generations of djs, producers and music lovers cannot be overstated. Mark and Tim's Red Records was the vehicle not only for their own productions but for other prominent acts of the time like Nikolai, 4th Dimension, Liquid Wheel, Johnny Moy and Greg Dowling & Shane Johnson. Much of the label's output from this time still trades for massive prices on the secondhand vinyl market.

Sound Crowd's show stealing performance in front of 40,000 people at Feile '94 (with Primal Scream and The Prodigy also on the bill) remains a defining moment of their career, while their heavy involvement in 'Dance Nation' at The Point Depot a year later was a marking of time in an Irish dance scene that that year reached its peak, fittingly at the same that Mark and Tim had decided to part ways and dissolve their partnership. Nostalgia will be rife on September 9th - and there's a good chance you'll see grown men & women cry if the likes of 'Dream Lover' gets played - but staying true to themselves and today's fans, the lads will have plenty of new tricks up their sleeves as they marry old classics (of their own and others) with the sounds of now in a special one off dj performance.

John Gibbons
    John Gibbons needs little or no introduction to anyone who is involved in the dance music scene here in Ireland. He currently holds down two weekly shows on Spin FM, one of which is his award winning Club Educate show that has been running for over five years now - not a bad feat for the young pup from Carlow! One of the hardest working and busiest DJs on the circuit today, John splits himself between shows in Ireland and across the globe. Not one for resting on his laurels, John continually stays fresh and upfront with his music selection, as well as constantly pushing his own sound, which has now appeared on countless international labels. Expect many pleasant surprises when he hits the stage and takes his bow at Collective-Music on September 9th.

Bob McCarthy
    Bob McCarthy has been a Collective-Music resident since it began in 2004. His style is smooth and seamless, so expect to be nicely warmed up on the night. Currently he has his own radio show on Play FM, which continues to win new fans on the airwaves each week. Be sure to arrive early to hear a proper warm up set from a proper DJ, something that is increasingly rare these days, but that Bob always does with aplomb.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Collective Music

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

ah im away that date, would have defo gone, was at that traffic gig and have the set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Gutted :( ill be in ibiza and that is not sarcasm

That is a pity wouldnt mind being in Ibiza myself but have to work .)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

really wanted to go to this but im acually in ibiza also haha so i cant complain

any chance collective music will change the date? :)

• Advertisement

madma wrote: »
    really wanted to go to this but im acually in ibiza also haha so i cant complain

any chance collective music will change the date? :)

Not on this one i am afraid sorry.

Thanks

itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/mixed-for-feet-vol.-1-mixed/id456986888

The new Mix CD "Mixed foe Feet " Vol 1. Launches in Dublin on Friday September 9th at The Village

cm

Good Interview
    We have copies of the new Mix CD "Mixed for Feet " to give away before it is released.

Comp soon

http://www.beatportal.com/feed/item/gabriel-dresden-return-with-a-new-album/
    cm

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭mntothat

Sorry I can't click that link, I'll be in Ibiza.

Mixed for Feet CD winners, CDs were posted yesterday so enjoy. Will have a few more copies to give away on this site next week so please check back here

cm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

had the option of seeing g&d or james holden, both playing in the vaults at same time circa 2007ish.

needless to say i seen a proper dj in the holden room...

liked them when i was about 22 though....

copeyhagen wrote: »
    had the option of seeing g&d or james holden, both playing in the vaults at same time circa 2007ish.

needless to say i seen a proper dj in the holden room...

liked them when i was about 22 though....

Yes that was our show with Holden & G&D so remember it well what a night that was.

I think Friday will surpass it though .)

CM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Yes that was our show with Holden & G&D so remember it well what a night that was.

I think Friday will surpass it though .)

CM

was an wsome night, love holden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Blue Fear

I remember that night, John O Callaghan played before Gabriel and Dresden.

Will there be tickets available at the door tonight does anyone know??

Thanks.

Blue Fear wrote: »
    I remember that night, John O Callaghan played before Gabriel and Dresden.

Will there be tickets available at the door tonight does anyone know??

Thanks.

Yes john played a really kinda proggy set, Nathan fake, Holden, Mathew Dekay etc

You sould be ok to pay on the door tonight but please arrive early(not promoter waffle) Doors 10 pm

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Blue Fear

Cheers Collective, will be there early!

Seen them in Traffic and then Tripod after that and each night and set is better and better. Cant wait for tonight, cheers.

Blue Fear wrote: »
    Cheers Collective, will be there early!

Seen them in Traffic and then Tripod after that and each night and set is better and better. Cant wait for tonight, cheers.

I actually think tonight in the Village will surpass all those shows,although 06 with Holden is still one of the best shows we have ever done, and good news is that we are recrding it all for Futre broadcast on 2fm

See you later cheers for the support

cm

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mrooqie

here is a youtube video from the party. i recorded few good moments
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSGYvHdmvD0
    thanks

Thank you Thank you .

What a night, What a crowd and what great music, Atmosphere was electric clubbing as it should be (minus the heat .)) )

Thanks again for coming

CM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

was the set recorded?

• Advertisement

Tiesto wrote: »
    was the set recorded?

Yes for future broadcast on Mr Springs late night sessions, 2FM had Mic's around the place also so if you didnt make the show you will get an idea of the atmosphere in there, Fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

Yes for future broadcast on Mr Springs late night sessions, 2FM had Mic's around the place also so if you didnt make the show you will get an idea of the atmosphere in there, Fantastic

great thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Here is the mix from Mark Kavanagh

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsnd.sc%2FmY67dk&h=iAQAnySx3AQBcos0H-XY4pVAcRwfC0NHklzmOEpJiGQbe0g
    You can send him your email address and he can send you the mp3 of the Sound Crowd Mix (he cant mix)

There was a camera guy there with a serious piece of kit filming the crowd so that should be released into the wild soon enough;)

Advertisement