Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice please?

Options
  • 01-08-2011 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭

Hi

I've been considering a tattoo for years but didn't want to till I lost weight. The tattoo would only be for me so i'd like it reasonable private place (ie, not down my arm) but I'd really like to get a verse of a song. I just don't know where to get it or would it look really wierd to have a full verse in small text. The verse is from "Forever Young" by Bob Dylan. It's a song which means a lot to my wife and I

May God bless and keep you always
    May your wishes all come true
    May you always do for others
    And let others do for you
    May you build a ladder to the stars
    And climb on every rung
    May you stay forever young

I could just go with the last line but for years it's always been the verse I imagined getting. Has anybody got any examples of a song lyric tattooed? Where could I put it? How big would it need to be to be legible? Is there any tattoo simulator on line to see what it would look like?

Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

What about your ribs? Or your thigh? Big space there for lyrics and private too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 EternalCowboy

Searching google images for 'lyric tattoos' or lettering tattoos will show you a lot of examples. I personally like the way long verses look on the ribs, plus it's an inconspicuous area. But as hunter164 said, thighs have enough space as well.

If you haven't decided on a font yet there are numerous sites for this. If you want to see how the specific words will look you can type the lyrics into http://tattoolettering.net/ and choose a font, but their font options are quite limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

What about on your shoulder blade?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

If you're not planning anything else there then I'd echo the last poster and say maybe pick a side of your upper back?

Ribs or thigh could work too. Your ribs are, it must be said, somewhat painful and can be awkward for a tattooist to work on if you can't sit well for it- but certainly would work placement-wise. Your thigh is an excellent space a tattoo- flat and a lot of room.

It's seven lines of text, I guess given that you don't want to go too small it would be tough to fit it in anywhere else.

Advertisement