Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6303i Not Enough Memory Msg

Options
  • 01-08-2011 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Friend of mine has one of these bought new as an unlocked phone, but recently about 3 of 4 times a week when trying to send a text gets a message something like not enough memory or do you want to delete something (application?) first.

He doesn't store messages anyway and I have deleted all images from phone gallery and memory card so the phone is practically empty now but still this happens. Any ideas why lads!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭emilymch1

sorry i cant help you but would be very interested in hearing more about your problem. i have a very basic sim free phone which does the same but it is a really basic one. I would have thought the Nokia 63031 would be far superior

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Check the SIM card for messages, sometimes they save there.

Could also check for a firmware update here, or reinstall the current firmware again to see if that solves the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭emilymch1

please let me know how you get on if you update software - i plan to buy this phone Nokia 6303i but your experience is putting me off!! It looks a much better phone than you say it is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Had a look at the phone memory in Nokia Suite, and as you can see all the Memory is virtually used up.
    Phonememory.jpg

I've checked the sim etc and going to do an update in a few minutes.

@emilymch1, it is a lovely phone and I have its predassor 6300. Only fault I have with the 6303i is the camera is not quite as good as the 6300. imho.

Have you installed any apps / games recently. For most of them you should get the option to install to the memory card.

Also, try clearing out the browser cache, that might create some space.

• Advertisement

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    Have you installed any apps / games recently. For most of them you should get the option to install to the memory card.

Also, try clearing out the browser cache, that might create some space.

Clearing the browser cache thats a good idea as he browses the web a lot. Also he just discovered the the Log Folder has over 600 sent messages but when you press *clear* it asks for a security code, and its not the phone's pin number. Any suggestions:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Try 12345. I think it's the default code on Nokias for security-related actions.

It could be that the SIM is storing text messages also. Try going into message settings and deleting them from the SIM.

Just wondering is there any difference if you start the phone without that SIM / a different SIM installed..?

Try using Ovi Suite to update the software. If you can't get that done, drop it into your nearest Nokia Care Point and they'll be able to remedy the problem. Hope that helps :)

Actually the Collection folder in Apps folder, is 12.5 MB and contains the ovi suite and all its add ons and lots of junk.. The collection folder is a system folder and has ovi suite embedded in it and nothing can be deleted.

I've gone back to basics and removed both sim card and battery and re-installed. Deleted a good few temp files and see if that helps. Otherwise I'll get him to go to nokia care centre as you suggested.

@fat-tony: bang on there 12345 shoulda thought of that meself. Sim card is fine.

Advertisement