Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QUB Saturday Slayers Swagfest 4.1 - SSF4: AE Ranbats (Saturday 13th August '11)

Options
  • 01-08-2011 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

The revival of the ranking battles up north, bring your best AE game and let's goooooooooooo!

Date: Saturday 13th August 2011

Location: Queen's University Belfast Student's Union, The Space (1st floor). It looks like this out the front.

Schedule:
    13:30 - Casuals
    14:30 SHARP - SSF4: AE Tournament

Entry fee: £1, all proceeds will go towards Child's Play, a charity for gamers (http://www.childsplaychari​ty.org/).

Console: XBOX360, maybe a PC setup

Tournament Format: 2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games, Double Elimination, 99 Seconds, No Handicap. Grand finals will be 3/5 Games, the opponent from the loser's bracket must win the first 3/5 Games to 'reset' the bracket and win a consecutive 3/5 Games to take the tournament.

Rules: If the players do not agree on a stage within 15 seconds, the match will be random stage select.

Winner must keep the same character, but can select a new ultra in game 2 or 3, but has to pick the ultra before the opponent picks theirs. This does not apply to blind pick.

Button checks MUST be performed before the match (this is especially important if you use an unconventional configuration or use a different stick/controller/converter​, or are playing on the same setup as someone who previously did). Once both participants are satisfied, they must go back to the character select screen to officially start their games.

Any accidental pauses/disconnects are left to the discretion of the offender's opponent. They may opt to play on with no penalty to the offender or take the round. Any accidents that are neither participant's fault will be evaluated at that moment.

It is highly recommended you take your own controller/stick/converter​ for your controller (if you intend to use a PS2/3 stick/controller). We cannot guarantee that we will have a spare for participants that turn up without one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Awesome, but what date will this take place on?

Also, this might be a good time to announce that I'm looking into running KOF XIII ranbats when that comes out on console.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

idiot roogle!!

ty robert. ALSO there may be some venue availabilty issues but I'll keep y'all posted and hopefully i can get a turbo update on that ASAP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Sounds awesome. I'll go to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

ill go there if someone from dublin is going on a bus or a train.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I might be able to make it up. If I can do you want the whole recording shebang?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Liquidswords

eyeswide.jpg

1z1yzco.jpg

2qn32tl.jpg

Quality, let's do this.

salute.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Dwydwy

aw, yaay.

This will be lots of Fun Roogle! Thanks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Working in Cornwall next week but if I'm back on Friday instead of Saturday I should be able to make this without much trouble. Looking forward to it.

I'm definitely coming up to this now.

Anyone else confirmed from the RoI?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 oGRAMo

I'm heading to this. Anyone even from NI confirmed?

• Advertisement

I assume the usuals will be there...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 oGRAMo

Hopefully Doom. Rally up a large crowd from Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

oGRAMo wrote: »
    I'm heading to this. Anyone even from NI confirmed?

There'll be a good crowd there from the regular sessions so it'll be worth going, and hopefully a few from RoI will show up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

as far as I'm aware yeah, most of the NI crew have confirmed their attendance to me. hopefully we can get some interested heads from down south or just random stragglers in as well to try it out~

blag wrote: »
    There'll be a good crowd there from the regular sessions so it'll be worth going, and hopefully a few from RoI will show up too.

Well myself and AJ will be there, 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

I'm gonna miss it due to being in London. Who wants me to bring back some souvenirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'll be there as well

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Blinn

1z1yzco.jpg

ahaha holy **** john this owns

also sadly I won't be there, I'll be in America the land of the fraaaaaaaaaay

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I have to await the delivery of a mattress on Saturday morning, so it's unlikely I'll be at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

I was talking to Kneecap from sf.ie on twitter about this. Ima big MK fan with literally "1" match of "vanilla" under my belt. Will MK be there? Im from Newry about 2 and a half hour bus trip away. I kan bring my own PS3 and game (prefer the ps3 pad) up if there will be anyone interested in doing so. Trying to start a local MK scene and wud love to meet ANYBODY interested. Plus Ill need directions on how to get there from the depo lol

Please get back to me dudes.
    Wanting to do this stuff for ages now with MK. Even if its just kasuals.
    As long as the bus trip was worth it y'no.

All the best,
    Razer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

I was talking to Kneecap from sf.ie on twitter about this. Ima big MK fan with literally "1" match of "vanilla" under my belt. Will MK be there? Im from Newry about 2 and a half hour bus trip away. I kan bring my own PS3 and game (prefer the ps3 pad) up if there will be anyone interested in doing so. Trying to start a local MK scene and wud love to meet ANYBODY interested. Plus Ill need directions on how to get there from the depo lol

All the best,
    Razer

I don't think there'd be a problem with you bringing your setup - there'll be plenty of room for both kasuals and casuals. There isn't exactly much of a kommunity here, though.

Directions: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=&daddr=54.584721,-5.936834&hl=en&geocode=&mra=mi&mrsp=0&sz=17&sll=54.584181,-5.93605&sspn=0.003985,0.009409&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=17

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

@OriginalRazer

MK won't be at this event as a tournament game since it's just SSF4AE and I honestly doubt anyone would be willing to play MK casuals on the day because they'll be focused on SF. Just a head's up.

Having said that, though, there does seem to be mk interest around here with regular players posting in the MK9 Discussion Thread and there's been MK tournaments in the past.

Day of Champions 4 will be one to watch for you, it seems like there'll be MK9 being run on the day. (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056344620)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

lol

All the best,
    Razer

You should really get talking to the lads here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056211722

... ultimately, if you want to start making a scene, you MK people got to start talking to and arranging stuff with one another.

So your basically telling me no one will be interested in MK next week?

Theres bound to be someone.

I don't want my first Tournament to be a waste of time.

Id like to eventually start recording some MK Tourneys for my friends at TestYourMight.com they appreciate all that ****.

Thanx Doom iv left some replies to those other threads.

All the best,
    Razer

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

You needn't be too upset. It's a Street Fighter tournament so a lot of other popular games won't be there. I'm sure Federer doesn't get upset when there's a snooker game on!

The best thing to do if you want a MK tournament is to organise one! Scenes for smaller games (e.g. BlazBlue) were built entirely on people running their own tournaments due to the pre-existing lack of them.

So your basically telling me no one will be interested in MK next week?

Theres bound to be someone.

I don't want my first Tournament to be a waste of time.

Id like to eventually start recording some MK Tourneys for my friends at TestYourMight.com they appreciate all that ****.

Thanx Doom iv left some replies to those other threads.

All the best,
    Razer

Well, don't take this the wrong way... you're talking about a Street Fighter tournament specifically for people who want to play Street Fighter :D There's people in Ireland who want to play MK, but they've no reason to come to this. It'd be like complaining no one wants to play tennis at a football tournament.

I record most of the big tournaments that happen in Belfast/ Dublin in HD anyways, any game, and I provide the chance for commentary too. I've no problem with you grabbing the HD footage for your channel long as you put a mention where you got them in the description :)

I'd really like to head down to Day of Champions, I've seen your vids and you might take it from Kuro Tao.

Well, don't take this the wrong way... you're talking about a Street Fighter tournament specifically for people who want to play Street Fighter :D There's people in Ireland who want to play MK, but they've no reason to come to this. It'd be like complaining no one wants to play tennis at a football tournament.

I record most of the big tournaments that happen in Belfast/ Dublin in HD anyways, any game, and I provide the chance for commentary too. I've no problem with you grabbing the HD footage for your channel long as you put a mention where you got them in the description :)

I'd really like to head down to Day of Champions, I've seen your vids and you might take it from Kuro Tao.

Iv never kompeted in an offline tournament so I think u are konfusing me for someone else. But anyway where is DoC being held?

All the best,
    Razer

Iv never kompeted in an offline tournament so I think u are konfusing me for someone else. But anyway where is DoC being held?

All the best,
    Razer

Nope, I've seen your vids on your channel- I'm BrianVonDoom on youtube, the guy who directed you here.

I know they're not tournament but you've a good head about the game and you clearly understand the games systems (you created some of those combos?). Trust me, you'll prob be top 3 in Ireland.

DoC will be in the Exchange in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Can you please stop replacing the letter c with the letter k?

It's bloody stupid.

Advertisement