Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QUB Saturday Slayers Swagfest 4.1 - SSF4: AE Ranbats (Saturday 13th August '11)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Sairus wrote: »

This commentary is amazing. GGs you two.

"What'd these guys have for breakfast?"
    "Dry toast?"
    "Nah, it was bread. It wasn't even toast"

... really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 VDecK

Well I'm glad at least one person enjoyed it. I already see people crying about stuff I was saying so before the floodgates really open anything I said was a joke and I was clearly taking the piss.

But if you want to get angry you can contact me at @Yoshi_OnoChin

• Registered Users Posts: 13 oGRAMo

Mate you're hilarious. Lesson to be learnt. Don't let the troll you knock out in groups commentate on your matches. The salt will flow

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Um, it's pretty clear to me it was a joke.

Like, you play lame, you get crap on commentary, seriously, I've been the butt of some many jokes now I made a video out of it.

You laugh at it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

It would be cool if all commentators could specify who they are at the start of the commentary so viewers can follow them between being on the mike and being on the screen. Also makes it easier for people to pick who their favourite commentators are.

Bloody Northerners all sound the same...

• Advertisement

oGRAMo wrote: »
    Mate you're hilarious. Lesson to be learnt. Don't let the troll you knock out in groups commentate on your matches. The salt will flow

What is your problem? I spoke to you afterwards and you seemed to have no problem, I explained I was ****ing about and even said sorry if I pissed you off and you laughed it off and said it's ok and then you decide to run your mouth online. I played as a joke and knew I was getting knocked out of groups. The tier list comment and me saying I shouldn't have lost to you are clearly jokes, I said the same thing about doom while he was listening to the recording so if he doesn't have a problem I don't see why you do. If you had a real problem with me you could have came up and said something to me then which is why I talked to you after the games just to make sure there was nothing up but apparently there is.

Your dhalsim is good, I never expected to win, it was close so of course I'm not going to be over the moon about going out but no one ever is, I'm sure you weren't happy when I constantly taunted you and picked random but still won. So again I hardly walked away unhappy but whatever. First time we played and you got like 3/4's of my health before I even got near you I was just thinking holy **** this guy is going to rape me so cool yourself off and have a wee bit of a laugh mate.

@UberPrinny
    The higher pitched nerd voice is me. Other people on were Tetly and coblecog.

I wouldn't exactly say running my mouth. I was cool, that was clear to see. All I'm saying is you were clearly salty, I would have been if I had lost. I don't care much for banter about sims playstyle but saying you should have beat me, brag about your comeback and make comments about slide into throw, backdashing everytime on wakeup and specifically 'I think Graeme really crumbles under pressure' kinda annoyed me if I'm honest. I think this is a bit different from Doom's video, which is banter. If everyone enjoys the commentary, that's cool, all I said was I think it's terrible.

I wouldn't exactly say running my mouth. I was cool, that was clear to see. All I'm saying is you were clearly salty, I would have been if I had lost. I don't care much for banter about sims playstyle but saying you should have beat me, brag about your comeback and make comments about slide into throw, backdashing everytime on wakeup and specifically 'I think Graeme really crumbles under pressure' kinda annoyed me if I'm honest. I think this is a bit different from Doom's video, which is banter. If everyone enjoys the commentary, that's cool, all I said was I think it's terrible.

And did you not do those things, what are the people on commentary meant to do just only talk about someone landing a combo? Go look at commentary, including all of the other games I did, for ANY game and they'll point out people's mistakes and you'll see when people started picking up on things like wake up dash I gave them props for it. All I talked about were things that were actually happening, were people back dashing alot, yes, did you do slide throw alot, yes, do I think you crumbled under pressure yeah. How many times did you nearly have me beat and then I get in once and you panicked and I won.

I'm not **** talking you as a player but they're all things people, including myself and youself did. If you seriously can't take any criticism at all then fine there's nothing I can do about that, I personally wouldn't have a problem with someone pointing out everything I did wrong. I have no problem with you what so ever and I regardless if I won or not I would have commentated the same.

If you went anywhere else in the world for a tournament and people were commentating the same stuff would happen except they'd be waaay more harsh, check out commentary from the London guys and Norcal players they just **** talk anything and everything. So you pretty much need to learn to deal with it or ignore it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ok, think we need to walk away and calm down here.

Bear in mind I'll have to start a banning people if insults start flying, and I really don't want to have to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

the "contact me @seth killian" was ****ing hilarious.

also commentators were good. even when dan touches on insults like "cobel totally has aspergers" (which i have i dun't give a ****) it'll open floodgates for crying and ****. But dan's a pretty cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Liquidswords

mjzn34k4dc9cnoo8tnw7.gif

Commentary was good and any jibes were clearly just for the craic. Would be dung if everyone just sat around and sucked each others balls on the mic. ''OMG sick slide into throw bro!'' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Yeah I dunno how cheery things are elsewhere, but "You're ****, bro" is pretty much standard banter.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Vyze wrote: »
    Yeah I dunno how cheery things are elsewhere, but "You're ****, bro" is pretty much standard banter.

Yeah I would agree if the guy you're commentating on is a mate or is at the very least in on the joke.

Yeah, I'm not actually in on the joke though am I. The guy doesn't know me. I can see this point however, it's probably hilarious for everyone that is not me. And he did apologise for trolling in groups. Also, the view count is ridiculous, I suggest getting Dan down for the Inferno commentary since everyone thinks it's so godlike and it it doubles the views. Although, there was a massive thread recently where there was talk about improving the scene. One of the first points was good commentary. If Dan's commentary is so good get him down! All the comments saying it was good left me scratching my head. Prove me wrong. :D

I just want to reiterate that I'm not talking about the commentary as a whole, just my match. I can't really commentate myself so I can't complain about that.

@Dan. All the points you made I already know about. I just thought there was an unnecessary dig about crumbling under pressure. No one knows this more than me. I get destroyed in the latter stages in a tournament but I can compete online with a variety of characters. I'm sure the Irish guys I play all the time online can back me up on that I feel as though I have to use Dhalsim because I would muck up links which are easy online. The is a difference between criticism, which I know I can take, and having a dig because you lost. Just look at previous videos of me getting blown up and taking criticism. I know I need to level up so will be attending every Inferno and ranbat possible. And about needing to lighten up, I definitely don't take it too seriously as can be seen by picking ken and sagat for a laugh against tetly. Don't even play them online. As I said, I was cool with you in the tournament, It's only when I heard the commentary that I got annoyed. There's no point arguing anymore on a forum, I'm not posting anymore on this thread. I'm sure I'll see you at casuals or the next tournament, I'm 100% sure I'll shake your hand, have a laugh and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I got called a virgin by the commentators in my last game.

I win.

Advertisement