Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deleting songs/podcasts from iphone 4

• 01-08-2011 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hopefully just a simple solution to this but can I delete songs or more specifically podcasts from the 'ipod' part of my iphone once I've listened to them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

have to delete them from the iphone whilst it's attached to itunes.

ios5 will however allow you to delete any music/video off your iphone without the need to be connected to the pc. i've used it on a number of occasions and it's great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You can remove individual podcast episodes by swiping across them and pressing the Delete button. This isn't available for music now, though as CG said above iOS 5 will have a solution when its out.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Shandon

that's great thanks. Will I be able to upgrade to ios5 for free with the iphone 4 when it comes out?
    When is it due out?

Heard there might be a way to use a number style keypad to predictive text like you can on other phones. Is this true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

yes it will be a free update and it's due around september

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The easiest way to get rid of music and podcasts from your iPhone/iPod is to deselect them in iTunes, they will be deleted from the device next time you sync.

• Advertisement

that only works if ya have sync only ticked music and videos selected in itunes, it osn't selected by default

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

guil wrote: »
    that only works if ya have sync only ticked music and videos selected in itunes, it osn't selected by default

So why not make life easier for yourself....

Tick (Select) everything, then select that option (sync only ticked music and videos), then you can deselect stuff that you want removed.

easier as opposed to what?
    ticking manually manage music and videos is much easier to do in the first place and easier to maintain

i have 5000 songs on my laptop and about 3-400 are those are on my iphone

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Shandon

easier as opposed to what?
    ticking manually manage music and videos is much easier to do in the first place and easier to maintain

i have 5000 songs on my laptop and about 3-400 are those are on my iphone

Could you go through the steps to do that for me quickly guil please?
    I'm in the same situation as have thousands of songs on itunes but only want a few hundred on iphone. The way I'm doing it now is dragging and dropping bit by bit and it's taking ages.

thats all there is to it, tick manually manage music and videos and then drag and drop everything to the iphone, its an arse to do originally but wont take much tinkering to change things

also what i've done is after i have all the songs on the iphone, i transfer them to a folder using sharepod, that way if you somehow remove them all, you can just drag and drop from the previous folder

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I'm trying to delete some albums off my iphone.

The way I saw it described on the internet involved ensuring that the "Manually manage..." button is selected and then click "Apply".

However at the bottom right hand corner there just a "Sync" button.

Surely there must be a quicker way to delete music than going through the whole sync process?

My laptop is old so it can take an hour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

If you have ios 5 just swipe the song/artist/album name in the music app and press delete.

nice one i never knew that was possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

nice one i never knew that was possible
    Yep - it's one of those new quietly introduced features in iOS5 :)
    Very handy actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

But if you manually manage your music via iTunes when you plug it back in it will attempt to re sync what you have deleted. Not sure if wireless sync or iCloud sync sorts this, haven't had a chance to experiment yet.

Is ios5 free for everyone who has an iphone 4?

What are the major changes it brings? Do you download it from apple.com or where?

Also, how do i know which operating system is on my phone at the moment?

Yes it's free and can be used on a 3GS aswell. To download it and use it connect your iPhone to iTunes and click on update or restore. To check what firmware is on the phone go to settings>general>about and look for version

Be careful though as doing this will remove any jailbreak or software unlock

Thanks Guil.

But gettin back to the original question. How come you can't just click on the iphone in itunes, and see what music is on it and simply delete that which you don't want?

I mean, with all the geniuses in Apple, surely they could have provided for this?

This syncing business is a balls.

you can do that if you have manually manage music ticked, just click the arrow to the left of the iphone and then click music

you can do that if you have manually manage music ticked, just click the arrow to the left of the iphone and then click music

Never knew that would you believe. Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement