Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the story?

Options
  • 01-08-2011 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I always believed there was something blah blah but lately weird things have been happening. I keep seeing "orbs" and if I dream of someone, 3 occasions now - 1 was someone who was a very distant aquantance where I grew up no one I would have thought of or seen in 13/14 years, they appear the next day?? Also I feel a bit "odd" like colours look more vivid and stuff. Strange things used to happen occassionally - like I usually know when the phones about to ring or some other stuff like that but this just feels intense, kinda freaked out.

Could be coinsidence, could be not but I just wanted to know has anyone else experienced this? I`m coming up to exams and a bit sick also.

Thanks!

ps please don`t take this pìss I`m serious and I only want replies from people trying to help.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Also get that.I might not see nor hear a person in years,then they come into my thoughts, and soon after I end up bumping into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

It might be possible you have psychic abilities that make you see such things. You can hone your skills even more by taking some help from expert medium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Ive been having this for years.....especially when it comes to the simpsons usually if I think of a funny episode its on within 2 weeks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Ive been having this for years.....especially when it comes to the simpsons usually if I think of a funny episode its on within 2 weeks:D

considering how many channels there are and how many show episodes of the simpsons, thats hardly surprising.

Why does everyone these days think they are psychic or that they are haunted? I blame TV for that.

maccored wrote: »
    considering how many channels there are and how many show episodes of the simpsons, thats hardly surprising.

Why does everyone these days think they are psychic or that they are haunted? I blame TV for that.

Its on 3 different stations that have different series rights so yeh im bleeding psychic right!!!!!!! ah no I always figured the episode was due around the time i thought about it:pac:

• Advertisement

im must be psychic cus I knew you were going to say that.

I have about 100 channels and the simpsons are invariably on one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Well thats the thing its not like soon after or something its within hours. I think a lot of thing people think are strange are coinsidence, me included, and I have never watch any psychic programmes on tv I think there bs. These things are too obvious to write of as coinsidence and I`ve never seen these "orb" things before and I feel just odd and like someone is watching me all the time and a bit like something is about to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Antikythera

meryem wrote: »
    It might be possible you have psychic abilities that make you see such things.

Or not.

I vote 'not'.

If I`d wanted people to take the pìss i`d have posted in AH and I didn`t so take the hint!!!

theg81der wrote: »
    If I`d wanted people to take the pìss i`d have posted in AH and I didn`t so take the hint!!!

I dont see why you are surprised the paranormal forum has become a joke forum to a lot of posters,I dont doubt what you say at all as I said the same seems to happen to me,You should try find an episiode of the x-files where mulder gets a dejavu in the bank.....I wont ruin the episode buts its good fun and has a small explanation to what you are feeling.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I dont see why you are surprised the paranormal forum has become a joke forum to a lot of posters,I dont doubt what you say at all as I said the same seems to happen to me,You should try find an episiode of the x-files where mulder gets a dejavu in the bank.....I wont ruin the episode buts its good fun and has a small explanation to what you are feeling.
    If you feel posts are taking the p here, then please report them so we can deal with them.

Oryx wrote: »
    If you feel posts are taking the p here, then please report them so we can deal with them.

Funnily enough after over a 1000 post I dont know how to report a post:odo I pm a mod?

Funnily enough after over a 1000 post I dont know how to report a post:odo I pm a mod?
    <<<see the little red and white triangular icon on your left? Click that where it appears next to the offending post and enter your reason for reporting the post.

<<<see the little red and white triangular icon on your left? Click that where it appears next to the offending post and enter your reason for reporting the post.

Omg im so stupid
    facepalm_picard2.jpg

cheers:D

So so far now we`ve had the simpsons and the xfiles. Are you seriously suggesting taking advice from the xfiles, that is a made up story you do know that don`t you, they`re not real?

Look the only thing that makes sense is that emmm.... I don`t know maybe we`re all some how connected or we have much keener animal instincts than we think or something. Maybe anything, I`m looking for explanations or suggestions because I`m not blind and theres no possibility of coinsidence given the odds.

Ok take it this way - take what I said as read I saw "orbs" dailyand clearly lately and I keep dreaming about people and there they are hours later (in a different town where I now live miles away looking as they did in the dream not when I saw them last 12/13 years ago or texting me an hour later out of the blue when I thought of them for the first time in years).

Rationally, you can always say its exam stress, coincidence etc. And that is always a pretty good place to start looking for answers.

But if you want a more spiritual explanation, there is one. Many people experience what you describe, and they would ascribe it to an opening of your psychic senses. The main thing is not to focus too much on it, just enjoy it when it happens, and accept the weirdness and otherwise get on with normal things. :D

So so far now we`ve had the simpsons and the xfiles. Are you seriously suggesting taking advice from the xfiles, that is a made up story you do know that don`t you, they`re not real?

Look the only thing that makes sense is that emmm.... I don`t know maybe we`re all some how connected or we have much keener animal instincts than we think or something. Maybe anything, I`m looking for explanations or suggestions because I`m not blind and theres no possibility of coinsidence given the odds.

Ok take it this way - take what I said as read I saw "orbs" dailyand clearly lately and I keep dreaming about people and there they are hours later (in a different town where I now live miles away looking as they did in the dream not when I saw them last 12/13 years ago or texting me an hour later out of the blue when I thought of them for the first time in years).

Seriously did you not read where I said its a fun episode????the episode im talking about will just make the OP laugh.Jaysus relax captain buzzkill.

or texting me an hour later out of the blue when I thought of them for the first time in years).

thats interesting. weird that people you havent seen for years would have your phone number.

thats interesting. weird that people you havent seen for years would have your phone number.
    I have phone numbers for people I havent called for at least the last six years. Its not unusual.

I don`t have her number because I`ve lost all mine 2 years ago. I knew her from doing a course 6 years ago and she had moved abroad afterwards. She text me to ask something relating to the course about an hour later, she thought I`d know and I did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

This can be known as your third eye - the third eye may symbolize a state of enlightenment or the evocation of mental images having deeply personal spiritual or psychological significance.
    The third eye is often associated with visions, clairvoyance, precognition, and out-of-body-experiences. People who have allegedly developed the capacity to utilize their third eyes are sometimes known as seers.

In your case, you are now only becoming aware of your third eye.

I have phone numbers for people I havent called for at least the last six years. Its not unusual.

not unusual for some - unusual for the rest of us though.

not unusual for some - unusual for the rest of us though.
    You speak for everyone else?

Why are you even picking on and trying to break down such a small part of the story? I know its easy to find pattern in simple coincidence. That could be the case here, who knows? But picking apart such small details is counter productive to discussion, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Hi,

I always believed there was something blah blah but lately weird things have been happening. I keep seeing "orbs"
    http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/spotsfloats.htm
    Seeing floating spots or strings in your vision is perfectly normal and is caused by nothing more than part of the vitrious lining of your eye breaking off and floating across your field of vision. I get these most often if I'm looking at the sky. You may wish to get your eyes checked especially if the floaters are accompanied by light flashes as it can be a sign of a retinal tear.
    and if I dream of someone, 3 occasions now - 1 was someone who was a very distant aquantance where I grew up no one I would have thought of or seen in 13/14 years, they appear the next day?? Also I feel a bit "odd" like colours look more vivid and stuff. Strange things used to happen occassionally - like I usually know when the phones about to ring or some other stuff like that but this just feels intense, kinda freaked out.
    I can't offer any explanation for colours looking unusually vivid but this may also be something to discuss with an optician.

The fact that you dream of someone and then see them, or that the phone rings when you think of it, is simply down to confirmation bias. Simply put you remember the times when you think of someone then meet them shortly after, but you forget all the times when you think of someone that you then don't meet. Just think of all the dreams you had that didn't come true. If dreams were prophetic I'd be a lot more excited about the dream I had the other night that Neil Patrick Harris wasn't gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭lemd

I get that thinking of someone/something and then seeing them/it soon after, it is known as the Baader Meinhoff phenomenon http://www.damninteresting.com/the-baader-meinhof-phenomenon/

kylith wrote: »
    http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/spotsfloats.htm
    Seeing floating spots or strings in your vision is perfectly normal and is caused by nothing more than part of the vitrious lining of your eye breaking off and floating across your field of vision. I get these most often if I'm looking at the sky. You may wish to get your eyes checked especially if the floaters are accompanied by light flashes as it can be a sign of a retinal tear.

I can't offer any explanation for colours looking unusually vivid but this may also be something to discuss with an optician.

The fact that you dream of someone and then see them, or that the phone rings when you think of it, is simply down to confirmation bias. Simply put you remember the times when you think of someone then meet them shortly after, but you forget all the times when you think of someone that you then don't meet. Just think of all the dreams you had that didn't come true. If dreams were prophetic I'd be a lot more excited about the dream I had the other night that Neil Patrick Harris wasn't gay.

20/20 vision and clear mri although I suffer migraine so am extremely used to strange visual thing - this is not like that which is why I posted here.

And I know what you mean - "don`t think about a pink elephant" or "look for red things in the room" now "whats green in the room" thing, I know its subjective but this is definetely not like that. The girl that was in my dream was as she is now - 13 years later last time I saw her she was a teenager and she has never ever come into my mind at all no reason to, it was kind of more like a deja vu.

I suppose I`m looking for explainations off people who understand that I`m not a complete idiot and if there was an easy explanation I would have thought of it.

You are not a complete idiot. Ive had inexplicable stuff happen, as have many others who have posted here over the years. Yes, people come up with possible explanations, but they dont always solve it fully. You are the one who experienced it, so you know if the explanations really fit, or not. People here love the 'scientific method' but unfortunately in cases like this it can only be applied after the fact, and you can never know the answer for sure.

Ive always felt, and have said here, that there is certain small percentage of things like this that happen which are not resolved by the common explanations. Thats not to say its spooks or paranormal, but it is damn peculiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

OP, this stuff happens. I had a phase where I kept getting to the bus stop less than a minute before the bus came around the corner for like 3 weeks solid, at 4 different bus stops. Probably coincidence, as has been said.

IF, however, you don't think it's coincidence, you can try and develop whatever psychic powers you think you might have. Google PsiPog, that'll give you an indication of what I mean. I used to get stuff like this too, and after years of study and practice... Well, I still get it, more or less without change. But maybe you'll have more luck :D

And the orbs are nothing. They've been well and truly debunked these days, it's just your eyes frakkin with you. As everyone's do. You're just attributing more to them because of the other stuff happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

20/20 vision and clear mri although I suffer migraine so am extremely used to strange visual thing - this is not like that which is why I posted here.

And I know what you mean - "don`t think about a pink elephant" or "look for red things in the room" now "whats green in the room" thing, I know its subjective but this is definetely not like that. The girl that was in my dream was as she is now - 13 years later last time I saw her she was a teenager and she has never ever come into my mind at all no reason to, it was kind of more like a deja vu.

I suppose I`m looking for explainations off people who understand that I`m not a complete idiot and if there was an easy explanation I would have thought of it.
    I'm sorry if you felt that I insinuated you were an idiot, that was never my intent. I was merely trying to come up with more logical reasons for the phenomina you'd described than 'it's ghosts'. How was I supposed to know you have a history of migranes and accomanying visual effects?

Have you read the link about the Baader-Meinhof phenominon? It's well worth a read.

• Advertisement

You are not a complete idiot. Ive had inexplicable stuff happen, as have many others who have posted here over the years. Yes, people come up with possible explanations, but they dont always solve it fully. You are the one who experienced it, so you know if the explanations really fit, or not. People here love the 'scientific method' but unfortunately in cases like this it can only be applied after the fact, and you can never know the answer for sure.

Ive always felt, and have said here, that there is certain small percentage of things like this that happen which are not resolved by the common explanations. Thats not to say its spooks or paranormal, but it is damn peculiar.

There was one thing I saw before which was truly not possible to explain in any way- My sister and I saw my husband somewhere he was not - now I know what my husband looks like, what he was wearing, he went to my car, his walk, his mannerisms, it was about 50 metres, if that, from me etc he was proven to be somewhere else although he felt he should be where I saw him :confused: pure bizarre. Have read a few peoples accounts like these when I was trying to understand. There is no possible explanation.

Advertisement