Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Epson SX425W All in one printer

• 01-08-2011 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Epson SX425W All in one printer €60 with a bit of sense change in Dunnes Stores, Harvey Norman asking €139 for same printer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Probably works out cheaper from Amazon

Free Delivery too.

Not a bad price for a B&M store though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

brian2me wrote: »
    Epson SX425W All in one printer €60 with a bit of sense change in Dunnes Stores, Harvey Norman asking €139 for same printer

Thats a great price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭mrsbouquet

Anyone know if this is a good printer and is the ink expensive to buy ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭clevtrev

I got (model 515w) in tesco for 80 quid about 9 months ago. Must say that its a heap of junk. I think the only difference is that my one has a colour display screen

- Paper feed is a disaster, when it does feed the noise is like nothing Ive heard from a printer before.
    - Ink from epson is extortionately priced. I got cheapies on ebay which work ok although the printer sometimes tells me it doesnt recognise them and wont print. Ink also in 4 colour cartridges and if 1 runs out the printer stops working.
    - Wifi has stopped working for me and refuses all attempts to get it going again.
    - Print quality is average
    - scanner is as slow as a dog and wont scan if your print cartridges are empty.

I had a lexmark 3 in 1 bought years before and although Lexmark have a poor reputation it was streets ahead of this dark age machine. I really dont understand all the positive reviews on Amazon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭brian2me

Bought SX425W in Dunnes, having no issues so far, scanner is a bit slow but for domestic use its perfect. Though was a bit disappointed that I couldn't scan remotely to my laptop via WiFi, I needed to connect via USB. When I was reviewing printers at the time of purchase it was the best value around and I did factor in paying for replacement inks and again I will be buying them from ebay set of 4 is under €10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

hi Brian, 4 inks for under €10 thats pretty good! Any links ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

I got mine for €60 in argos, I'm plannin to buy a ciss system for it but I have to decide which one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Kgrant1

i think thats a good deal-if you go for generic inks rather than epson you will save yourself too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭brian2me

spongbob wrote: »
    hi Brian, 4 inks for under €10 thats pretty good! Any links ?

see link below
    http://shop.ebay.ie/?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=epson+SX425W+ink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mayto

I have an epson sx515w working with ciss and I have to say its been an excellent printer for me. I used an epson ciss from dealextreme originally for a dx4450? I think and works fine after moving colours around. A ciss setup is great when working right but if there are problems its a real pain. Refillable cartridges might be worth looking at too.

• Advertisement

mayto wrote: »
    I have an epson sx515w working with ciss and I have to say its been an excellent printer for me. I used an epson ciss from dealextreme originally for a dx4450? I think and works fine after moving colours around. A ciss setup is great when working right but if there are problems its a real pain. Refillable cartridges might be worth looking at too.
    Would they be serious problems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mayto

Derek! wrote: »
    Would they be serious problems?
    with a ciss

The cartridges can catch on the cable which can stop them moving meaning you need to start the print again. But if you have cables setup just right you will be fine. Refillable cartridges might be well worth looking at as you do not need to mess about with the silcone tubing and snap the cartridge cover off. And get some disposable gloves when refilling inks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

bought same one in Harvey Norman months ago for €75 afaik. Must have been on special offer or something

mayto wrote: »
    with a ciss

The cartridges can catch on the cable which can stop them moving meaning you need to start the print again. But if you have cables setup just right you will be fine. Refillable cartridges might be well worth looking at as you do not need to mess about with the silcone tubing and snap the cartridge cover off. And get some disposable gloves when refilling inks :D
    Thank you, now all I have to do is find the cheapest ones out there :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Found these https://www.justmedia.ie/default.aspx very cheap for Epson 'compatible' cartridges, just €2 each and they worked unlike some 'equivelant' cartridges I got from inkjet.ie at a much dearer price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

I get the cartridges from ebay which after delivery work out at just under €1 per cartridge - happy days! I have used epsons for years and wouldnt have it any other way:)

I got compatible cartridges before for my epson printer from ebay, but to be honest they gave me nothin but trouble :(
    In sayin that maybe I just got unlucky and bought from a bad seller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Remember cartridges can come in different fill sizes, eg 7ml 15ml etc so price wise cheapest might not always be best value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

snowdaze wrote: »

I have an Epson Stylus Photo R300 that takes an ink cartridge set T0487,

Your link above says that it is compatible with my Printer,

I was in a Tesco here in the UK the other day and was going to buy one of these printers, but i noticed the ink type listed was T0715,

I couldn't find any online as cheap as i used to get the T0487's and so I didn't get the printer.

The Cartridges look very similar, but I'm thinking they wont work, what do you think?

EDIT: i see from your 2nd list, the seller has these listed as if they are the same, that would be good news for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

I would contact the ebayer for advice...there should be a choice of suppliers for compatible ink for all epson printers...how would we manage without them..:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Hi all,

I've an Epson SZ425W and very happy with it except for the fact that the yellow nozzle seems to be blocked. I've tried changing the cartridge and done several head cleans and nozzle checks via the printer menu without success.

Sounds like I need to get a cloth and some white spirits but I'm afraid I'll fcuk it up if I do that.

Any suggestions as to how I unblock the yellow printer head?

Ben

Advertisement