Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiz Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

serrity wrote: »
    Tonight?

As far as I know at least half our usual team are Off Gallivanting Round Furrin' Parts, so I was going to suggest we take the week off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Misread as "Gallivanting Round Furry Parts" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Who's on for tomorrow?

Myself & Fysh are on for tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

As am I.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

I'll be there and have heard unconfirmed reports my OH will be there too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I'll be there :)

Submitted for your consideration as tonight's team name:

'Please don't tickle me there Elmo'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Aoifebm

Hi I might come along for the quiz tomorrow nite. Looking forward to meeting ye there :)

I'm heading along tonight, too.

• Advertisement

We'll just be back from Leeds so will give it a miss this week.

I'll be there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Would love to be part of a quiz team...any space for the next one?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

blondie83 wrote: »
    Would love to be part of a quiz team...any space for the next one?

Yeah, the quiz at the NLT doesn't do fixed team sizes so extra folks are welcome :) (Nearest tube station for the pub is Kilburn on the Jubilee line, though Brondesbury Overground station is also very close).

Myself and Jack B Badd are in for tonight - who else is coming?

Me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

I'll probably do the usual of promising to be there and then not showing due to work. Just my way of adding suspense to an evening

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I'll be there. Hopefully my 80's dancing moves will get a rest this week :cool:

Not sure yet, will let ye know.

Right, tomorrow's team name... I'm thinking "Lovestruck I've fallen for a lamppost" :D

Right, tomorrow's team name... I'm thinking "Lovestruck I've fallen for a lamppost" :D

I was thinking either "I lost a game of chicken to a lamppost" or "So a man walks into a bar - clang!" myself...

(It should be taken as given that, facial dents notwithstanding, I will be along for the quiz as normal tomorrow night)

• Advertisement

Serrity came up with a good one last night, but can't think of it right now. Keep the lamb chops for a bit longer and you'll look like a total badass for the week - maybe you could even invest in a Snake Plissken eye patch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Probably won't be there tonight; still banjaxed from the weekend. I'm officially getting old

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

All going well will be there tonight!

Me too

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

My absence was due to a work event that ran on longer than I thought it would, but it was not a complete waste of time – I would like Reekwind to know that I had a mince pie and actually quite enjoyed it

The NLT quiz is cancelled tomorrow (boo!) so I'm going to suggest a board game night instead - specifically the Cork version of Monopoly which I will supply :) If anyone is interested, I say we meet at 7:30 for 8 in the NLT & if a table is unforthcoming, wander towards The Black Lion.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Is anyone going to the quiz tomorrow?

I'm in two minds here... Have just realised that I have done absolutely zero packing, and I'm going to the airport from work on Tuesday :eek:

Scarinae wrote: »
    Is anyone going to the quiz tomorrow?

I'm in two minds here... Have just realised that I have done absolutely zero packing, and I'm going to the airport from work on Tuesday :eek:

Yeah, myself and JBB will be there. G'wan, live dangerously :)

I will be there. I may be a little late as I'm attending another event beforehand, but save me a seat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Unfortunately I won’t be there. I have way too much to do before I fly out on Wednesday. Enjoy and Happy Christmas to you all :)

Advertisement