Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiz Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

There was talk on Saturday of hitting the NLT quiz tomorrow night. I'm game, though I may be heartbrokendisappointed if it's not Gareth in charge.

Who else is in?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Has it moved to Wednesdays?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Ok, two posts in a row now have me confused, today's Tuesday right? It's not Groundhog Day and I haven't missed my train back to Ireland?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

From the site it looks like it's still on Tuesdays (ie today), but since Gareth's new comedy group Men of War are doing a run at the Fringe I assume it'll be someone else on Quizmaster duty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Fysh wrote: »
    ...since Gareth's new comedy group Men of War...
    Did he always have unibrow? I know it's been awhile but I'd probably have remembered that.

• Advertisement

Phew! *stops blindly running towards train station*

As it's Tuesday I can't make it, I've to pack/organise my train trip to Ireland, which is still on!

Looks like tonight is a wash, maybe next week will fare better.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Is anyone up for the quiz this week?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Tomorrow night at the NLT?

Tomorrow night at the NLT?

Yeah brilliant, I haven't been to that one in ages!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Anyone up for the NLT tomorrow night?

I'm out this week I'm afraid!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Quiz at Kilburn Black Lion tonight?

Yes, and the +1 is a maybe

What time does it start again?

I'm not sure what time it is at, but I should be there

What time does it start again?

7.45 apparently - no idea why I couldn't find that the first time I Googled it...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 howisshecuttin

Has anyone here heard about the London Quiz League, or thought of entering a team?

It's probably too late for this year and not sure how you get a team accepted but I'm a member of a Division 3 team and its great fun, though my lack of knowledge on most British history and art is a little embarrassing, not to mention that I don't know the names of any Blue Peter presenters...that cultural divide !

A quiz league has my competitive juices flowing, but not sure I can commit the time.

Black Lion Kilburn tomorrow night anyone?

A quiz league has my competitive juices flowing, but not sure I can commit the time.

Black Lion Kilburn tomorrow night anyone?

Count me in. I might pop along a bit early to grab food.

• Advertisement

Count me in!

Can't come tonight I'm afraid. Make sure ye win tonight for JBB's last hurrah! :pac:

I've just discovered that the Prince Charles cinema does film quizzes called FILMAGEDDON! There's one on tomorrow - but I'm guessing that's super short notice for everyone - and there's another one on Tuesday 9th December. Prizes include cinema memberships, tickets and memorabilia. Would anyone be interested in going?

Looks good - either tomorrow or December would work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I usually do a Movie quiz in Balham on the second Sunday of each month but I can't go this weekend as I foolishly booked tickets to see Interstellar at the IMAX for the same night.

I'd be interested in finally joining you guys for tomorrows PC quiz if there were any tables still available at short notice.

There's also a movie quiz on in Kentish Town on Wednesday but I also can't make that one.

Won't make it tonight. Up for December though

I think it'd be better to agree on next month and then people have time to organise around it!

It looks like October’s one was Halloween movie themed though, which suggests that December’s will be Christmas movie themed. (I must watch Die Hard again in preparation)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Scarinae wrote: »
    I think it'd be better to agree on next month and then people have time to organise around it!

It looks like October’s one was Halloween movie themed though, which suggests that December’s will be Christmas movie themed. (I must watch Die Hard again in preparation)

Surely everyone has the die hard movies memorised at this point. Haha.

Are we doing this on Tuesday? If not, does anyone fancy Black Lion/Earl Derby instead?

• Advertisement

Are we doing this on Tuesday? If not, does anyone fancy Black Lion/Earl Derby instead?

There is talk of doing Earl Derby on Tuesday alright. I'm in if so.

Advertisement