Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morrowind Question

Options
  • 01-08-2011 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭

I Have the GOTY edition and installed it to my laptop but it needs the cd to play i would prefer not to have the cd drive running for hours :) . is there a way to play it without the cd?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

type in morrowind no cd into google and hit the first link

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

There is but obviously we can't say where to get such things here.

Anyways, the CD would only spin at the start to check that it's legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

cool does it download the game or just instructions

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Duggy747 wrote: »

ok cool, i understand i thought i could copy the files over from the cd or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Wossack

Duggy747 wrote: »

plus wan

just make sure you do a full installation, and the disk shouldnt be required other then an initial check (basic form of copy protection)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

If you have the physical disk you can use any cd imaging program (alcohol or something similar, just google it) to create a disc image and mount this to a virtual drive created by the same program. This will "trick" your computer into thinking that the cd is inserted.

Advertisement