If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap as chips blu-ray plus dvd player

Options
  • 01-08-2011 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭

hi guys,

looks for something very very cheap for my parents for a blu-ray player.. dont care if its open box etc.. just want something they can spin a few of the older films i have on blu-ray.. was looking at the toshiba bdx1100 in currys for 59 euro over the weekend.. but even thats to pricey for that im after..

they also need a plain jane dvd player for the sitting room for the crt... anything in the 15 - 20 euro bracket? i know silly prices really.. but they dont want anything fancy

Cheers,
    Mick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Mick.

Unfortunately we don't have anything that would be that cheap kicking around. We did a clear out a while ago but I don't think we had anything as cheap as 20 Euro in blu-ray.

Sorry.

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭MrTrebus

Hi Mick.

Unfortunately we don't have anything that would be that cheap kicking around. We did a clear out a while ago but I don't think we had anything as cheap as 20 Euro in blu-ray.

Sorry.

Dave

shame Dave you havent got a €20 blu ray player as I would have taken 5 of them off ya :D:D:D:D:D:D

although, the OP was actually looking for a €20 DVD player as opposed to a blu ray player ;)

in the mean time let me know when ya get them €20 blu rays in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭micks_address

Thanks Dave, yes it was 20 euro for the dvd player.. managed to pick up a nice sony secondhand for 20 euro and went to currys for the 59 euro toshiba blu-ray player.. <snip> but cant argue with the price.. have it hooked up to the bedroom tv the last couple of days and it does the job grand.. will be perfect for the parents at least..

Cheers for your help,

<Snip>

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.