Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity

Options
  • 01-08-2011 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I switched from E.S.B to bord gais and am regretting it big time, it was definetly not cheaper, not to mention the calls to them to discuss this, anyway im wondering if anyone knows do E.S.B charge a reconnection fee??

Thank you x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

when i changed to board gais i told the esb at the time i regretted having to leave them but they said there would be no come back fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

AFAIK you can change supplier without incurring any additional charges. Most likely they will be glad to get their hands on your hard-earned cash, so check their terms and conditions carefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

There should be no charge but ask on the Electric Ireland forum if in doubt

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1349

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

There's no charge to switch back over unless your electricity has been cut off.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Talk to the ESB forum

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi missmelo,
    missmelo wrote:
    ...do E.S.B charge a reconnection fee??

Just to clarify, has your power been cut off? If so, a charge would apply to get it reconnected (see here), but if you still have power, there is no fee to change supplier.

If you're interested in switching back to ESB Electric Ireland, you can do so online here, ring 1850 30 50 90, or send me a PM with the relevant details and I can take care of it for you.

Regards,

David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭missmelo

Thanks very much david, il click that link now, still have power just want to change back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Glad to hear you're still connected missmelo, that's the main thing! :)

Advertisement