Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox profile move

Options
  • 01-08-2011 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

So i have 2 xboxs one of which is modded and the other is an unmodded elite
    I want to move the profile from the modded xbox as it has xbox live but is unable to play online.
    If i just switch harddrives the profiles don't appear but if you go into it they say the profiles are corrupted.
    So i switched the HDD back and they work fine so i think i have to use the option to move the profile
    But when i select it it wont allow me to move it to the HDD (it is greyed out) maybe its because its already on it.

Anyone know how to move it to the unmodded xbox?
    It may be a cause of changing some values of the profile but i had hoped it wouldn't come to that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Sammy_Jankis

I have just been trying to figure this out myself!

You have to delete your profile (just the profile) and then recover it. Need your email address, password and be able to access xbox live.

I'm pretty sure that is the only way. You may lose gaming history since you last logged into xbox live.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭pockets3d

I heard that too but i can't remember what email address i used
    Hopefully its one of my regulars and i wasn't stupid enough to just use a fake one.
    Would a confirmation email of been sent back?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It sounds like one of the xbox's was banned and is corrupted.

Download xval and it should tell you.

pockets3d wrote: »
    I heard that too but i can't remember what email address i used
    Hopefully its one of my regulars and i wasn't stupid enough to just use a fake one.
    Would a confirmation email of been sent back?

I wish I could tell you but the email address I used is no longer in operation so I can't access the account. Sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

If the console was banned and is on dashboard 2.0.8955 then yes, profiles appear to get corrupted. But updating to the latest dashboard version will restore the console signing ability for the banned console and thus your profile should be usable by just swapping drives.

Advertisement