Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung F480V _ Emergency Calls Only

Options
  • 01-08-2011 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have the above phone and for no reason it will not let me make/receive calls over the last week or so. Has worked grand for ages. It will only allow emergency calls.

It is a pre-pay so nothing to do with non payment of bill etc.
    It did not get wet.
    I can access all the functions on the phone, pics/messages etc etc.
    It is on Vodafone Network.

The phone icon at the top has a line through it.

Local Vodafone shop useless,"I Dunno" was the response:(

Anyone any idea what the problem might be. Like the phone but no good as it stands.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,442 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It sounds like it isn't connecting to Vodafone, but the phone itself is working. It is saying emergency only as it can piggy back on other networks for those calls.

Can you log on to your Vodafone account on-line? Are you somewhere with dodgy Vodafone signal?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Krispie

Victor wrote: »
    It sounds like it isn't connecting to Vodafone, but the phone itself is working. It is saying emergency only as it can piggy back on other networks for those calls.

Can you log on to your Vodafone account on-line? Are you somewhere with dodgy Vodafone signal?

Thanks for reply.

Vodafone signal is not too bad, considering we're in the sticks:D

Online Vodafone Account?:o Victor, excuse my total ignorance but I dont know if I have one (pre-pay), or if I do, how to connect:o:o

I had a look under phone settings/Network Settings/Preferred Networks.. and there is no mention of Vodafone.ie in there... There is Vodafone UK etc etc.. Would this have anything to do with it???
    Also, there is a Master Reset under settings. If I hit this could it damage say phonebook or messages etc, as I assume it's a Factory Default reset???

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Did you buy this from someone other than vodafone ireland>?

Have you been trying to unlock it?

Sounds like it might be blacklisted to me

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Krispie

Davy,
    I got it as a present. My number is 086 but use the 087 Vodafone network. Could this be an issue? But it worked fine for months on 087 network.

Won't let me unlock, as in won't even give me the chance.

"Blacklisted"? Is this from the network? The phone is all above board so can only be network, yeah? If so, is there anything I can do or is it a dead duck. Can they (Vodafone) un-blacklist me?

Thanks for help.

Krispie wrote: »
    Davy,
    I got it as a present. My number is 086 but use the 087 Vodafone network. Could this be an issue? But it worked fine for months on 087 network.

Won't let me unlock, as in won't even give me the chance.

"Blacklisted"? Is this from the network? The phone is all above board so can only be network, yeah? If so, is there anything I can do or is it a dead duck. Can they (Vodafone) un-blacklist me?

Thanks for help.

The previous owner used it on what network?

It doesn't matter than your number is 086, all that matters is what network you are on, and what network the phone is locked too.

You have confirmed that your sim works in another phone already I presume, to eliminate that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Hey OP, did you ever get this issue fixed? I've got it now on my SGS. It just started happening today :(

RangeR wrote: »
    Hey OP, did you ever get this issue fixed? I've got it now on my SGS. It just started happening today :(

Have you been the only owner?

Davy wrote: »
    Have you been the only owner?

Yes. It's Darky'd, Rooted and SIM unlocked. It worked fine for about 5 months up until this morning.

I have a suspicions as to why it's not working so going to test some scenarios tonight. I believe it to be a shared problem between the phone and the network. I'll report back my findings.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,173 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Try going into a Vodafone or Carphone Warehouse and do a SIM change (back up your contacts first) that might fix it.

flazio wrote: »
    Try going into a Vodafone or Carphone Warehouse and do a SIM change (back up your contacts first) that might fix it.

It's not a SIM problem.

• Advertisement

RangeR wrote: »
    It's not a SIM problem.

Have you checked your imei isn't zeroed

Davy wrote: »
    Have you checked your imei isn't zeroed
    I'm sure it's an IMEI problem. It's not zero'd or NULL value but it's the generic 004499900 etc IMEI. Phone is foobar'd except as a PDA.

You can send it back to samsung and pay for it to be restored.

Advertisement