Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod touch repair in Sligo?

Options
  • 01-08-2011 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Does anybody know anywhere good and reliable in sligo to repair my iPod touch? It has a faulty headphone jack and to be honest i'd rather not try fixing it myself...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

have you tried apple first? is it under warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

Unless it's under warranty don't bother with an apple store.

I took an ipod touch with a broken screen into Mactivate Ltd. in Blanchardstown last week.

They describe themselves as "an Apple Authorized Service Provider & Reseller" and "Ireland's largest & first Apple Authorized Service Provider"

They wanted E146. to replace the screen. :eek::eek::eek:. No that is not a typo. I always knew Apple were expensive but this is completely taking the p. considering the amount of work involved and the cost of the ipod new.

A friend of a friend advised buying a repair kit off ebay and doing the repair myself. I've ordered it, and am awaiting delivery £25stg.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

apple dont replace the screen

They simply give you someone elses refurbished ipod touch of the same vintage.
    With no warranty.

To be honest you really are better off just doing it yourself or simply investing the 150 euro in a newer model.

aside, I had 2 ipods needing repair so coming to a bill of 300 euro - so I got a new Ipad 1 for 380 instead, essentially an iPad for 80 Euros!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

apple dont replace the screen

They simply give you someone elses refurbished ipod touch of the same vintage.
    With no warranty.

To be honest you really are better off just doing it yourself or simply investing the 150 euro in a newer model.

aside, I had 2 ipods needing repair so coming to a bill of 300 euro - so I got a new Ipad 1 for 380 instead, essentially an iPad for 80 Euros!
    eh the cheepest ipad is 479:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭skinny90

thats the ipad 2 price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

dont think its under warranty as i jailbroke it multiple times :L is there anywhere thats good value (preferably around sligo but anywhere will be fine at this stage) that will do repairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

eh the cheepest ipad is 479:confused:
    the ipad 1 wifi 16gb was on offer for 380 directly from apple between from when the ipad 2 was announced and came online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Call into the cafe beside Paddy Power called the I&E Shop and ask for Kevin and see if he can do it

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

The Computer Repair shop opposite Donaghys (Coach Lane) is worth a look. Wiped the hard-drive on my old 60gb by accident, got it replaced there for €40. There's a place in the Wine Street car-park as well but I'm not sure how reasonable they are. Boss broke his iPhone screen & went in there to ask about it. He didn't replace the screen there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Shay1234

I got mine sorted in TEKNIKS.ie Ballyshannon. Very reasonable and fast.

• Advertisement
Advertisement