Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel up on Hill Near Mount Misery

• 01-08-2011 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Could anyone here tell me what the name of the hotel that use to occupy the build that stands on the hill near Mount Misery. It's all boarded up now but older images on google street view show the boarding removed and you can clearly see the windows and the sign that once stood on it;s roof. Images aren't clear enough to read. I remember seeing it open but that was at least 10years ago and can't remember the name of the hotel.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The Ard Rí. Or Jurys depending when you asked

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Neil1234

Thanks for that Mega Chin. I was trying all sorts of searchs and nothing. I can rest easy now for a while :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

still think it shud ave been painted forest green ,

stands out more than ever now ..

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Deise Dolly

It went on fire there a few weeks ago. They should have just left it burn to the ground. It looks disgraceful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Is the back of it covered up or just left as it was?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

It went on fire there a few weeks ago. They should have just left it burn to the ground. It looks disgraceful.
    Granted, it looks bad now, but it would look worse if it was just a burnt out shell!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

Why oh Why is it still left standing there? Unless they are going to renovate it it should be leveled and removed. it's an embarrassment to the city, along with the old flour Mills and that whole area. Those too are never going to be used again.:mad:

To look at the city from the ferrybank side the City looks fantastic. But visitors to Waterford only get a view of derelict buildings and Blocks of concrete stuctures with broken windows.

Who's in charge of this mess? Where doe's the buck stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Neil1234

It is a bit of an eyesore. It looks like there is a far bit of land attached to it too. With the views of the city it's a crime that the citizens of Waterford cannot make use of it. It should be brought down and developed into a park. The Goverment is always screaming that we don't get out enough and excerise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

The 3 star McEniff Ard Ri Hotel, Waterford, is set on 10 lush acres of parkland grounds and commands stunning views of the River Suir and historic Waterford

http://ireland.dublinevents.com/waterford/hotels/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I think I must be the only person who doesnt actually mind the place being there. maybe its nostalgia about the mad nights I had up there or something but it just doesnt bother me at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement