Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recession putting Irish people off sex

Options
  • 01-08-2011 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Are you affected?

"NEW RESEARCH FROM Relationships Ireland, published in today’s Irish Daily Star (print edition only), confirms that depression is putting us off sex.

The charity says 30 per cent of couples who seek their help have sexual issues to resolve.

According to the relationships experts, men in particular are badly affected by stress, causing them to struggle with flagging libido.

The Herald quotes relationship counsellor Lisa O’Hara as saying decreased sexual activity is creating “a lot of yearning and rejection”.

Are you? 9 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 9 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Cant afford condoms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

wolf moon wrote: »
    Are you affected?

"NEW RESEARCH FROM Relationships Ireland, published in today’s Irish Daily Star (print edition only), confirms that depression is putting us off sex.

The charity says 30 per cent of couples who seek their help have sexual issues to resolve.

According to the relationships experts, men in particular are badly affected by stress, causing them to struggle with flagging libido.

The Herald quotes relationship counsellor Lisa O’Hara as saying decreased sexual activity is creating “a lot of yearning and rejection”.

If this is true, why do we have a baby boom then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Cant afford condoms

Can't afford chips more likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Thats ridiculous.
    Who ever said that clearly isnt living in the real world.

People aint having sex less because of recession.
    People will always have sex no matter what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Far from it. If I sprouted a giant penis over night, I doubt that would even put him off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

I would have taught the opposite... everyone is at home because cant work and well... have sex to pass the time!!

Nodin wrote: »
    Can't afford chips more likely.
    You put chips on your willy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

muboop1 wrote: »
    I would have taught the opposite... everyone is at home because cant work and well... have sex to pass the time!!
    But there is always snooker on the telly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

My girlfriend is German... So that'd be nein :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

It made me into an absolute whore. I'd drop my knickers now for anybody. I find sex relieves stress. Before this, not so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The recession.. so that's why I'm not getting any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

Yeah roish, every woman I know between 18 and 48 is expecting a sprog since the whole recession thing kicked in- not going to work?, getting lots of lie ins? I know, lets ride the hole off each other, the feckers can't tax that anyway. Especially the hot eastern european women. I notice a lot of them are preggers now, and frankly, its a disgrace. Ruining them lovely figures. Soon there won't be anyone worth ogling in Tescos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Why are the results hidden? :confused:

Solnskaya wrote: »
    Yeah roish, every woman I know between 18 and 48 is expecting a sprog since the whole recession thing kicked in- not going to work?, getting lots of lie ins? I know, lets ride the hole off each other, the feckers can't tax that anyway. Especially the hot eastern european women. I notice a lot of them are preggers now, and frankly, its a disgrace. Ruining them lovely figures. Soon there won't be anyone worth ogling in Tescos.
    Anyone else read this in a D4 accent?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

LighterGuy wrote: »
    Why are the results hidden? :confused:
    Protect those of us who are not getting any recession or no?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,300 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

wolf moon wrote: »
    Are you affected?

So the recession was engineered by the Catholic church?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

ilovesleep wrote: »
    It made me into an absolute whore. I'd drop my knickers now for anybody. I find sex relieves stress. Before this, not so much.

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

It made me into an absolute whore. I'd drop my knickers now for anybody.

Do you think the recession might be the cause of the attention whoring too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Abi wrote: »
    Do you think the recession might be the cause of your attention whoring too?

You left out the [miaow] tags there....

Nodin wrote: »
    You left out the [miaow] tags there....

Thanks for the heads up.

/sharpens claws

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Abi wrote: »
    Do you think the recession might be the cause of your attention whoring too?

No need for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I look forward to your headline in The Sun:

"Enda's Budget made me into a whore!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

muboop1 wrote: »

Back in the 19th century someone (cant remember and cant be @r$€;d googling) referred to sex as "the opera of the poor".

Economically depressed countries tend to have higher birthrates. In Ireland of decades past family sizes similar to those still widely seen in many developing countries (stupid term I know) today were the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bloody Nipples

Cant afford condoms

Poor Ciara.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

There are a lot less lonely housewifes around since the Celtic Tiger ran away as the husbands are all home now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Judging by the large amount of recession pregnancies I saw in Cork this weekend I'd say the unemployed are doing plenty of riding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

results hidden :mad: :rolleyes:

:adds to ignore list:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Was there not some other study a while back that predicted a baby boom due to all the riding caused by the recession.

Saila wrote: »
    results hidden :mad: :rolleyes:

:adds to ignore list:

Was gonna say the same!

OP sieving through the votes to see who they should PM :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Was there not some other study a while back that predicted a baby boom due to all the riding caused by the recession.

Can you remember was it in the Daily Star or an actual newspaper ?

Advertisement