Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch away from meteor bill pay and back again?!

Options
  • 01-08-2011 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am currently a meteor bill pay customer. I'm happy with them, but my contract is up tomorrow and I want to get the Galaxy S2. I've noticed that they will do the phone on a 12 month contract for €30 a month and €139.99 up front, but only for new customers who buy online. This REALLY annoys me, so my plan is to switch to another network (O2 perhaps) as a pay as you go customer, and then immediately log on to meteor.ie and get the deal outlined above. Will this work? If so, what's the least hassle way to go about it? I currently have an unlocked Galaxy S which I want to continue using until I get the new phone (although I'm happy to turn off data during the transition).

I just went onto O2.ie, and they will send out a free sim, but I'm not clear on how I can move to them and keep my number??

I hope this makes sense - any tips appreciated.

Thanks,

Ronan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

I'm pretty sure you have to wait a month befire switching back. If you're paying a lot on your bill now, they might give you a better deal than is shown online if youbring and say you'll switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭RonnieL

Thanks Kevin.

My bills are typically low so I doubt they will do much for me, but I do plan on trying that first. Assuming that doesn't work, can anyone confirm Kevin's assertion that I will have to wait 1 month before switching back to meteor? Any other pitfalls?

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

That's how meteor's billing system is set up in order to prevent what your doing.

Besides once you move away your still counted as a bill pay customer until your final bill is printed and paid.

If you do sign back up in between id imagine you would be asked for a hefty deposit as the system will flag same name/same address during the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭RonnieL

Thanks Guys.

I just called Meteor, and fair play to them they sorted me out no problem. Got the handset for €139.99, and when I asked for the online discount on the smart 35 package (to make it €30 a month instead of €35) they said no problem!

Happy days. Thanks again for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 i pity the fool

RonnieL wrote: »
    Thanks Guys.

I just called Meteor, and fair play to them they sorted me out no problem. Got the handset for €139.99, and when I asked for the online discount on the smart 35 package (to make it €30 a month instead of €35) they said no problem!

Happy days. Thanks again for the replies.

I'm in exactly the same situation and am very interested to know how you managed to get the online price - did you mention that you were considering leaving and switching back?

Did you get free meteor calls and texts on top?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

I did the same.
    Ring them up, say you are planning to switch, they will ask why.
    Tell them there are better deals about and you aren't happy with what they've offered you.
    You'll get put through to retentions who will offer you the cheapest price along with free calls and texts

Advertisement