Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo Gallery is right-aligned in Firefox 4

Options
  • 01-08-2011 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to make a website with a Galleria gallery, everything is fine in all the browsers I've tested it in (including Firefox 3); the gallery is left-aligned as it should be. However for some reason in Firefox 4 it's right-aligned. Can anyone help?

The website can be seen here:
    http://gallerytest.host56.com/
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

First off you shouldn't stick those valid CSS and XHTML banners on your page when they don't actually validate.
    Secondly the alignment is borked on Firefox 5 too :).
    Thirdly I think sticking "float: left;" on the div with a class of "galleria-container notouch" should fix it. At least it seemed to for me - it matched the display on IE8.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Moved from development.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Malice wrote: »
    First off you shouldn't stick those valid CSS and XHTML banners on your page when they don't actually validate.

Also they're meaningless and irrelevant to most users. Only us markup dogs care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated. That was driving me mad for ages. As for the validation markers, they actually come as part of the template I was using, but I'll remove them before I finish the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated. That was driving me mad for ages. As for the validation markers, they actually come as part of the template I was using, but I'll remove them before I finish the site.
    I don't know what your setup is like but in case you're not using any of these kind of tools, all I did was open the site in Firefox, start Firebug (there are similar dev tools for IE and Opera comes with Dragonfly) and then clicked around a bit until I found the div that was causing hassle. I then threw a float: left in and it seemed to do the trick.

Positioning is a royal pain in the backside at times so I was pleasantly surprised when I seemed to stumble across the answer in 5 minutes :). With that said of course I haven't looked at it in anything other than Firefox 5, IE8 and Opera 10. It may still look wrong in IE6 and IE7.

• Advertisement
Advertisement