Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family history help needed.

Options
  • 01-08-2011 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Paddy 20. Hope you don't mind me writing. My mother's first cousins all lived in Knockgarron house, Mamie, Rose, Seamus, Sarsfield,(Dympna who died young,) children of John and Mary Ellen( nee Devine)McElhinney. Mary Ellen was a sister of my Grandfather Thomas Devine who was born in Bawnboy, Co Cavan but came to live in Manchester.. Any info you could letme have on McElhinney descendants would be more than welcome as my mother who is 91 would love to know of her irish extended famil Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Moved from an older thread as the user info requested off is banned and unable to reply, anyone else able to help fire away :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

Try the 1911 census records and the 1901 records here

If you are looking for older references family names, there are a few sites who's archives are based on Edward McLysaght's Irish surname research.

here is one

also, you could contact where parish records are kept, they might help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 brookside

thanks so much, north west art - will try your suggestions - Jean

Advertisement