Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Propane (BBQ) grey cylinder

Options
  • 02-08-2011 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

hey folks looking to get a cylinder from new, as in don't have one to refill, homebase and woodies were looking for €70 (deposit for cylinder) any ideas where I can get one cheaper

Living southside dublin

Cheers!
    hick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

hey hick

try your local recycling centre for an empty bottle, means no deposit for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

cheers, will they just let you take it? and experience lifting one?

if you explain why you need it and you only need one they should.

They are usually empty and a bit lighter then a full one, but you would be able to lift it into the boot no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

Thanks for the advice, went up to the civic site on the way home with some recycling had a chat with the guy and he let me grab a bottle no probs, only thing was there was no propane only yellow bottles and red bottles, I grabbed a butane (red) one and will chance my arm with that, hopefully theyll let me away with it :D

Good Stuff, Glad to help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Plain red bottles are usually propane with screw on regulator.
    Plain yellow bottles are butane with snap on reg. with flip top on/off
    Yellow bottles with red handles are propane with snap on reg. rotating on/off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I forgot to mention, grey are UK spec. bottles.

Advertisement