Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher 23rd October

Options
  • 02-08-2011 8:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭

Confirmed :D
    Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds have confirmed their debut live shows will take place in Ireland and the UK in October.

As previously announced by Noel at his recent press conference the first ever Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds gig will take place in Dublin at the city's Olympia Theatre on 23rd October. The concert will mark Noel's first live performance since his two headlining slots at London's Royal Albert Hall for last year's Teenage Cancer Trusts shows. The gigs will also be Noel's first ever live set with the High Flying Birds.

The first string of gigs are:

Dublin, Olympia Theatre - 23rd October
    Edinburgh, Usher Hall - 27th October
    London, HMV Hammersmith Apollo - 29th October

Tickets go on sale Friday 5th August at 9am through www.noelgallagher.com and usual outlets.

More gigs in the UK and elsewhere will be announced soon. To be the first to hear news about forthcoming releases and gigs sign up to Noel's mailing list HERE!

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds' eponymously titled debut album will be released through Noel's Sour Mash Records on 17th October in the UK.

!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Dublin, Olympia Theatre - 23rd October
    Edinburgh, Usher Hall - 27th October
    London, HMV Hammersmith Apollo - 29th October

Tickets on sale Friday 5th August 9am... fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Great news!

I noticed these dates yesterday when they were up on Noel's site for a brief moment,

Anybody have any idea how much the tickets are? €30 would be fair IMO,

Nice picture ticketmaster are using an old vintage original line up Oasis, pfft!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Was there not to be originally meant to be two dates at the Olympia:eek:??

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

karaokeman wrote: »
    Was there not to be originally meant to be two dates at the Olympia:eek:??

Never seen that mentioned anywhere, the only official confirmation before this was that the tour would start in Dublin in October, no mention of the number of nights.

Although with the gap in the dates announced so far and the demand for tickets I'd imagine there's a good chance of a 2nd date

Looking at MCD.ie, the Olympia is already booked on the Saturday so it'll be the Monday if anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

How much are they?

Fago123 wrote: »
    Never seen that mentioned anywhere, the only official confirmation before this was that the tour would start in Dublin in October, no mention of the number of nights.

Although with the gap in the dates announced so far and the demand for tickets I'd imagine there's a good chance of a 2nd date

Mick Lynham, the event manager claimed this on Twitter when Noel's press conference was first announced.

He said "#oasis #Noel Gallagher will play 2 nites in the Olympia Theatre Dublin in November.U heard it from Mick first"

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

I wonder what are the chances are of him adding a second night or two ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Tickets from €49.50 incl. booking fee will be on sale from 9am this Friday 5th August through www.noelgallagher.com, Ticketmaster outlets and online at www.ticketmaster.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭deisecelt

Gonna be pot luck if getttin the tickets online. Olympia holds next to nothing givin the demand there will be. Cracking venue for it all the same. I wonder is it safer to que in rain, go to ticketmaster or go to noels site. Will be gone in 5 mins either way i reckon.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭deisecelt

Gonna be pot luck if getttin the tickets online. Olympia holds next to nothing givin the demand there will be. Cracking venue for it all the same. I wonder is it safer to que in rain, go to ticketmaster or go to noels site. Will be gone in 5 mins either way i reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I will try to buy a couple of tickets but I envisage demand similar to the QOTSA. I was lucky then but will have to see this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

50 quid for the cheap seats is taking the piss. If he was playing the O2 then fine, due to the cost of playing there, but to be starting at that price is a bit much. Hopefully they are standing though. It's going to be very hard to get tickets come Friday. Hopefully a few dates are added.

I agree while Noel Gallgher is a great musician €49.50 is a bit steep for such a small venue.

I'm just hoping this will help to keep the demand down. I'm scared of how fast these tickets will sell out.

Hopefully I will be fine if I'm at the ticketmaster venue early in the morning, it worked for the RHCP:D.

Hey just wondering what Oasis songs was everyone hoping Noel would be playing for this tour.

Was listening back at past Oasis tunes and I came across all these singles with Noel on lead vocals, which he presumably may be performing;

Falling Down
    Don't Look Back In Anger
    Little by Little
    Lord Don't Slow Me Down
    She Is Love
    The Importance of Being Idle
    The Masterplan (not a single but Noel mentioned this song in the press conference so I think it may be a set possibility)
    Where Did It All Go Wrong?

Out of this i'm guessing he will be playing all the songs from his debut album and maybe throw in 5 or so Oasis songs. This is what I would like;

1. Wonderwall (I am 90% this will be included, its Oasis' most famous tune and you couldn't do an Oasis medley without it)
    2. Don't Look Back In Anger
    3. Little by Little
    4. The Masterplan
    5. She Is Love

It depends if he plays the whole album. There are only 10 tracks on it though. I can easily see him playing the following Oasis tunes.

Don't Look Back in Anger
    Wonderwall
    Whatever
    Importance Of Being Idle
    Talk Tonight
    The Masterplan
    Half The World Away
    Slide Away

And maybe a cover or two including There Is A Light and it never goes out.

I was just thinking. I'm probably being a bit modest saying he will only do 5 Oasis songs, maybe 6-8.

Presumably he will want to play the whole album because in the press conference Noel said the Oasis songs were for extra value just so people would get their money's worth.

Considering they will be used as extra killer I could easily see all 10 tracks being played.

I could see The Importance of Being Idle and Falling Down possibly being added to what I already guessed. I couldn't see him play more than 18-20 songs but you never know with the ticket price.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭twistedsoul

Ticketmaster is bound to crash on friday when the tickets go on sale ! will be hitting that refresh button continuously !

Ticketmaster is bound to crash on friday when the tickets go on sale ! will be hitting that refresh button continuously !

Don't buy them online, go to a ticketmaster venue. Its soooooo much handier:)

Ticket limit 2 per person apparently.

This IMO does nothing to stop touting as professional touts will have their allotment reserved from their ticketmaster connections already. What it will do is double or even triple the traffic hitting the website tomorrow morning and seriously strain the thing.

• Advertisement

nm wrote: »
    Ticket limit 2 per person apparently.

This IMO does nothing to stop touting as professional touts will have their allotment reserved from their ticketmaster connections already. What it will do is double or even triple the traffic hitting the website tomorrow morning and seriously strain the thing.

That will be fine for me.

I'm planning to go solo to this one so I only need to buy one ticket really.

I only went with one friend for Oxegen and he left before Coldplay due to tiredom.

Its different being to a gig alone but its a great experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Anyone get tickets? No joy here :mad:

Sold out, i make that less than one minute.

I got 2 AAGGHH :)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PTO

I got 2!!! delighted!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Impossible...said it was sold out at 20secs past 9

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

That was quick!

None for me.

Can't believe it. Was refreshing constantly and at exaxctly 9 I quickly clicked two standing tickets and it was already sold out.:eek: Tried the number straight away and it said there are no tickets left. This was at 2 minutes past 9. :rolleyes:

I will explode if he doesn't add another date. I've been waiting to see him live for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

me neither. So disappointed. Hopefully he'll announce a second date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

No joy here!:(

Advertisement