Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher 23rd October

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Some of your posts are really wacky Karaokeman, theres been millions of gigs where people have paid €200 plus from your local tout, The National last year springs to mind instantly.

Anyway I hope he holds at least some of the classic Oasis stuff back, I never thought I'd want to hear him do Supersonic solo although that said I was 100% proved wrong, the stripped back version live was amazing.

Does anyone have a video or link to a video of when he was introducing the band on Sunday? I can't remember it clearly I think I was coming back from the bar but did he made some remark about some guy used to be in Oasis? Or something like that? I presume it was in response to something or there was some context to it but I missed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

nm wrote: »
    Some of your posts are really wacky Karaokeman, theres been millions of gigs where people have paid €200 plus from your local tout, The National last year springs to mind instantly.

Anyway I hope he holds at least some of the classic Oasis stuff back, I never thought I'd want to hear him do Supersonic solo although I was 100% proved wrong the stripped back version live was amazing.

Does anyone have a video or link to a video of when he was introducing the band on Sunday? I can't remember it clearly I think I was coming back from the bar but did he made some remark about some guy used to be in Oasis? Or something like that? I presume it was in response to something or there was some context to it but I missed it.

I'm pretty sure he said the keyboard guy used to be in Oasis.

G-Money wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure he said the keyboard guy used to be in Oasis.

So it is, Mike Rowe, that mustve been it

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

nm wrote: »

It was just before Talk Tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Live4Ever wrote: »
    I managed to get a ticket - upper circle - for E200.

Fecking delighted!!! :D I know spider-guardian got one aswell. Gonna be a classss night!!

Noel_Gallagher_463006a-764678.jpg

You are why touts stay in business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

Pfffffffft, gimme a break. The general sale for this sold out in about 0.34 seconds, almost every single person on this thread didn't get a ticket. I'd say there was only a few hundred tickets that were actually made available to the public.

Secondly, this was Noels first ever solo gig, as a seriously dedicated Gallagher fan there was no way I was gonna miss this. My only option? Purchasing a ticket for way over face value.

Was it worth? Oh yes! I would have paid E200 to ticketmaster if that was there asking price!

Until names and pictures are printed on all tickets so people at the gates can check what's what, there will be touts, and you know it.

So jump back on your high horse and off with ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Anyone know the real reason why Stop The Clocks wasn't included on the setlist?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Noel claimed in an interview, before the album came out, he didn't like singing it in the studio because he couldn't decide whether to sing it softly, or not. He decided he wouldn't like to sing it live, as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Bit harsh, €200. I seen two tickets on ebay go for €350. Considering it was such a select gig, €200 was expensive but not over the top.

Pfffffffft, gimme a break. The general sale for this sold out in about 0.34 seconds, almost every single person on this thread didn't get a ticket. I'd say there was only a few hundred tickets that were actually made available to the public.

Secondly, this was Noels first ever solo gig, as a seriously dedicated Gallagher fan there was no way I was gonna miss this. My only option? Purchasing a ticket for way over face value.

Was it worth? Oh yes! I would have paid E200 to ticketmaster if that was there asking price!

Until names and pictures are printed on all tickets so people at the gates can check what's what, there will be touts, and you know it.

So jump back on your high horse and off with ya!

Well next time you come on here to whinge about not being able to get a ticket to a show, think about why that is?

it's because Touts make €150 a ticket profit from people like you, which lets them have the resources to set up systems to buy tickets before genuine fans.

If you can't see the logic there I pity you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Well next time you come on here to whinge about not being able to get a ticket to a show, think about why that is?

it's because Touts make €150 a ticket profit from people like you, which lets them have the resources to set up systems to buy tickets before genuine fans.

Ah here, if he didn't buy them, someone else obviously would have.

Ah here, if he didn't buy them, someone else obviously would have.

If everyone refused and the tout had to sell them at face value or less on the night of the gig, then the tout wouldn't keep doing what he's doing.

How can you not understand that?

In reality it'll be sold anyway, whether he buys it or not. RHCP are apparently checking ID's and matching to tickets too yet eBay is still flooded with them.

Supply > Demand

Capitalism.. crazy eh.

The one thing I can't stand is the blatant backhanding from ticketmaster to their own tout sites. Ticketmaster UK are even worse, they put it as sold out on their own page whenever they feel like it and provide a link to their 'partner site' instead - Example :mad:

If everyone refused and the tout had to sell them at face value or less on the night of the gig, then the tout wouldn't keep doing what he's doing.

How can you not understand that?

Get a grip man.

Get a grip man.

Well argued sir, I salute your powers of reasoning and logic. You have won me over to the give the touts what they want every time side of the argument. :rolleyes:

By the way, just in case you think I'm a Noel hater or anything, I'm not. I saw Oasis in the Tivoli back in the day, paid face value then.

How would you propose stopping the touts?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

How would you propose stopping the touts?

Dont buy off them

Dont buy off them

If you want to go to the gig, have the money to buy from a tout, and failed to get one on the morning of the sale, what should the next step be? In your opinion, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Lads, c'mon. It's easy to say "don't buy off them" and all that bollocks.

It's still gonna happen, and honestly, if I was in Ireland and had the money I would have paid that much for a ticket to Noel's gig.

If you want to go to the gig, have the money to buy from a tout, and failed to get one on the morning of the sale, what should the next step be? In your opinion, of course.

Either check out toutless.com or move on . For me even if the Foo Fighters(They are my favourite band) did a tiny show in Whelans and it sold out and i missed out there is no way i would give someone like a tout the money and satisfaction .

• Advertisement

Well argued sir, I salute your powers of reasoning and logic. You have won me over to the give the touts what they want every time side of the argument. rolleyes.gif

By the way, just in case you think I'm a Noel hater or anything, I'm not. I saw Oasis in the Tivoli back in the day, paid face value then.

There's no point in evening arguing with you, I was kinda hoping "get a grip" would bore you and you'd move on tbh.

Not saying your an Oasis hater at all. As I said I never used a tout before, and hopefully never will.

There were NO tickets.... so i'm supposed to hope that I get a ticket for one of the most heavily sought after gigs the year at face value, and if I don't get one just 'lump it' even though I had saved the E200 to buy one from a tout (the only option, trust me). Sorry but I don't agree with you. I HAD to be at that gig, I was, it was worth it, thanks and goodnight.
    Either check out toutless.com or move on . For me even if the Foo Fighters(They are my favourite band) did a tiny show in Whelans and it sold out and i missed out there is no way i would give someone like a tout the money and satisfaction .

Toutless had countless ads of people looking for Noel Gallagher tickets. I doubt a single person got one through toutless.

Your argument is flawed. IF? I'd really like to see what you'd actually do if they announced a show in Whelans, you missed general sale and a tout offered you one for E200 (let's say you had E200 spare like I did).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Not to be taking sides seen as how so many people here appear to be arguing against but I agree that Live4Ever made the right decision.

The Noel Gallagher concert was one of the most sought after gigs of the year and one of the most sought after in years. I don't remember the last time we had such a successful and influential songwriter who shaped a generation played in a venue that was only twice the size of my secondary school in terms of capacity.

If I had the money to buy a ticket for that gig I would have. I like Live4Ever tried and failed on the morning of general sale but I honestly would have done it if I had a job and if I could have afforded it. I couldn't and its not the end of the world as I'm going to see Noel in the O2.

In all honesty €200 was not bad for the gig. When I was standing outside the Olympia looking for tickets from touts on the night they were charging €250 at minimum and most of which I saw on Ebay were charging for €350-€550 for one ticket.
    For me even if the Foo Fighters(They are my favourite band) did a tiny show in Whelans and it sold out and i missed out there is no way i would give someone like a tout the money and satisfaction .

So you can honestly say if you had plenty of quid to spare and Dave Grohl did his first ever solo concert in an intimate Irish venue you wouldn't attend if you missed general sale and were offered a ticket from a tout?

There's no point in evening arguing with you, I was kinda hoping "get a grip" would bore you and you'd move on tbh.

Not saying your an Oasis hater at all. As I said I never used a tout before, and hopefully never will.

There were NO tickets.... so i'm supposed to hope that I get a ticket for one of the most heavily sought after gigs the year at face value, and if I don't get one just 'lump it' even though I had saved the E200 to buy one from a tout (the only option, trust me). Sorry but I don't agree with you. I HAD to be at that gig, I was, it was worth it, thanks and goodnight.

Toutless had countless ads of people looking for Noel Gallagher tickets. I doubt a single person got one through toutless.

Your argument is flawed. IF? I'd really like to see what you'd actually do if they announced a show in Whelans, you missed general sale and a tout offered you one for E200 (let's say you had E200 spare like I did).

Believe it or not i would'nt give in , ive missed out on loads of gigs i would have loved to have gone to over the years but id never give people like touts the satisfaction of ripping me off.
    karaokeman wrote: »
    Not to be taking sides seen as how so many people here appear to be arguing against but I agree that Live4Ever made the right decision.

The Noel Gallagher concert was one of the most sought after gigs of the year and one of the most sought after in years. I don't remember the last time we had such a successful and influential songwriter who shaped a generation played in a venue that was only twice the size of my secondary school in terms of capacity.

If I had the money to buy a ticket for that gig I would have. I like Live4Ever tried and failed on the morning of general sale but I honestly would have done it if I had a job and if I could have afforded it. I couldn't and its not the end of the world as I'm going to see Noel in the O2.

In all honesty €200 was not bad for the gig. When I was standing outside the Olympia looking for tickets from touts on the night they were charging €250 at minimum and most of which I saw on Ebay were charging for €350-€550 for one ticket.

So you can honestly say if you had plenty of quid to spare and Dave Grohl did his first ever solo concert in an intimate Irish venue you wouldn't attend if you missed general sale and were offered a ticket from a tout?

I would be raging that i missed out and would be annoyed but id still never ever give my money to someone as low as a tout

I tried on the morning they went onsale but hadnt a hope at cost price, then sorted 2 tickets for €500 via an eBay ticket seller but did the sale "off eBay".
    Was away for 2weeks prior to the gig & was notified the Wednesday before it that yer man didnt have the tickets for me & couldnt sort any replacements(obviously flogged'em elsewhere for more cash)

Cue a frantic browsing of eBay & Done Deal during stopovers & then arriving home from holiday last Saturday morning after a 29hour journey to head straight into Dublin to meet a guy to buy a ticket - ended up paying €320 for a standing ticket.
    This guy wasnt a tout, just a normal guy like me who luckily had got one online that morning & to be honest if I was in his position I'd have done & charged the same.He wasnt like some of the pond life I saw hanging around hassling people for tickets to sell on outside the venue that night
    Its a sellers market when it comes to these kinda things, Ive been a superfan of Noel Gallagher since I was 13/14 (29 now) & would have paid pretty much anything to be at that gig.
    It cost me more to go see him at the Teenage Cancer Trust gig in London last year even when getting a ticket at cost price via Ticketmaster cos of flights & accom etc

To be honest Live4Ever at the end of the day its your money & how you spend it is your business,defending yourself on here is needless....people who think touting can simply be stamped out are living in a dreamworld & if they're willing to go without seeing their favourite act cos of the extra cost to a tout then that's their loss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Personally, I wouldn't pay that much over the odd's for a ticket to see any act. Perhaps that just means I'm not as much of a fan or whatever. Oasis are/were my favourite band but I'm not going to pretend I'm their number 1 fan as I'm certain there's a lot more hardcore fans out there than me.

I was lucky enough to get a ticket to see Noel at the Olympia during the sale. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to go at the time they went on sale and it was more of a last minute decision to try and get a ticket. Judging by how fast they sold out, I'm amazed I was lucky enough to get a ticket. Especially seeing I've had absolutely no luck getting Olympic tickets and have missed out two or three times in that regards.

The way I see it, it's awful feeding these touts and I'd love it if they had no way to sell tickets. But I wouldn't criticise someone for paying over the odds to a tout to see an act they really wanted to see. It's their money, they're free to do whatever they want with it.

The Olympia is a small venue and with it being a high demand event, I guess it was inevitable there would be some people left disappointed as they didn't get tickets.

Hopefully those who really wanted to go to the Olympia but didn't get to go, will get to see him in the O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭trevufc

anyone remember any of the tunes being played between
    the bands? remember thinking some of them were great.

You would miss a gig of your favourite band? In the words of Liam Gallagher at Nyon in 2000, "pack it in!"

You would miss a gig of your favourite band? In the words of Liam Gallagher at Nyon in 2000, "pack it in!"

Yes :D I could not justify giving a tout a cent of my money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Pulse8 wrote: »
    This guy wasnt a tout

320 euro for a 50 euro ticket?

He most certainly was a tout.

• Advertisement

A tout in my mind is someone who regularly has insider access to "hard to get" tickets & sells them at a profit or who hangs around outside venues looking to buy & sell tickets.

This was 1 young lad who had 1 ticket & sold it at the market value & I'd have prob done the same in his position.
    IMO selling for any less than market value when it was a gig as highly sought after as that doesnt make you sound, it makes you a fool

Advertisement