Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher 23rd October

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Thats a joke! Been online since 8:30 refreshing the page every 2 seconds. When they did eventually appear, said they were all gone. Id say I didnt even get 5 seconds before they were sold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

Any idea if a second date will be added? I think the Monday night is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

None for me,It was wierd though got a seat put all my details in and when I went to submit order it just said it couldn't process:(

Ah well

Id love to know how it manages to sell out so quick with only a limit of two per people. Gone within 10 seconds (if even) online. I wonder did the kiosks sell them a few minutes earlier..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Managed to get 2 standing, delighted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭windsurfer99ie

I got two ! Made up for the Glastonbury fiasco last year when I spent four hours of
    my life trying to get tickets from a system that was simply not working ...

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

Managed to get 2 standing, thank Jebus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I q'd up at the ticketmaster in Cavan. Only 2 people in front of me. When the guy went to print out tickets for the first person nothing happened. None of us got tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Wonder how much eBay will run me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

who did you manage to sell your soul to for those?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Nice one to everyone who got tickets,Should be a cracking night!

For now the rest of us will have to hope for a second night somewhere.I wouldn't mind only he'd probably fill the o2,Makes those tickets for the Olympia all the more special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

antodeco wrote: »
    Id love to know how it manages to sell out so quick with only a limit of two per people. Gone within 10 seconds (if even) online.

No doubt some touting agency will have them to sell at marked up prices before lunch time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭windsurfer99ie

xalot wrote: »
    me neither. So disappointed. Hopefully he'll announce a second date.

He's trying to build up momentum - the next gig isn't 'til the 27th in Edinburgh - I'd say there's every chance that he will add a second gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

the london gigs are already on ebay for €200 each. b*sterds.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

I GOT TWO FOR STANDING! IM OVER THE MOON! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Bet they sold most of the tickets to corporate folk before they went on sale and there were only a few hundred left. It's just ridiculous that it would've sold out in 10 seconds considering it was max of 2 per person.

If he does add a second date when do we reckon it will be announced? Within the next few hours?

a friend of mine was queuing in stephens green, he was a good bit back, he rang me there and said only 7 tickets were sold there before it was sold out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

I'm gutted. Can't believe that it would sell out in under 10 seconds. Shocking stuff altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Search back to other thread for how it can sell it so quickly.

No great conspiracy, supply < demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

touts have them up already:mad:
    the 2 ticket limit made it a fairer playing field, as you cant make multiple orders through have lots of tabs open on your pc, you might see some orders getting cancelled. There was obviously going to be huge demand for the brains of oasis. good luck to the lucky few!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Bryan4president

Yes, got me a standing ticket.
    Would love to know how many tickets went on sale though. I'm the only one of about 10 friends to get a ticket, and that was pure luck, all online at same time.

All the same, can't wait, gonna be an awesome gig :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

indiewindy wrote: »
    touts have them up already:mad:

In an ideal world nobody would pay them. That is the only way they will be stopped.

ive never seen the likes of that before

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

No joy here, I make it about 30sec before they sold out.
    1500 tickets sure, there were people from Brazil and US looking to buy ticket from the comments on his site.

Here's hoping a second date.
    Well done to those lucky enough to get a ticket. :)(ye cúnts)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PTO

kinda expensive though aren't they? I know its Noel Gallagher but its still the Olympia!! Didnt he say at the press conference that he wouldn't be charging Oasis prices for tickets?

PTO wrote: »
    kinda expensive though aren't they? I know its Noel Gallagher but its still the Olympia!! Didnt he say at the press conference that he wouldn't be charging Oasis prices for tickets?
    well, you can imagine what oasis prices would have been like! disappointed, but then again, it was the olympia. anyway, im free the monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

This is for Ireland though - prices are always much higher than the UK. Just look at Prince recently charging twice the price.

Tickets already going for nearly €600 on Ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

50 quid is an ok price to see someone like Noel at the Olympia.
    Smaller artists like Ellie Goulding charged around 30 for the same venue.
    I think these prices are fairly reasonable.

Let's be honest Noel could have charged a 100 a pop and it would be sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Ah sure, not to worry like, there's a couple of tickets on e-Bay there for only £499.95

• Advertisement

Pair already on ebay for €600!

Being honest, Id be surprised if two additional gigs werent added

Advertisement