Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher 23rd October

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

No luck either on ticketmaster, he better play a second date!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

Some load of boll*cks. Didn't get any tickets, neither did my brother or mates, they were sold out at 9:00:02 what a load of bull****!!!!

Never been so dissapointed in my life! Beady Eye never let me down for tickets!!

To all you cnuts who got tickets: enjoy!! ;):D Lucky bast*rds! I'll have to pay extortionst money to go now, or hopefully they'll do a second night...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

2 tickets secured. Went to a booth. Hopefully the shows are as MEGA as the live shows he did with Gem a few years back.

:cool:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

To everyone who got a ticket, was it online or in a booth?

The reason I ask, it said it was sold out within 10 seconds of them going on sale. It takes roughly 15 - 20 seconds to get to the page where they will start holding them for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭windsurfer99ie

Zamboni wrote: »
    50 quid is an ok price to see someone like Noel at the Olympia.
    Smaller artists like Ellie Goulding charged around 30 for the same venue.
    I think these prices are fairly reasonable.

Let's be honest Noel could have charged a 100 a pop and it would be sold out.

I agree. Similiar price to Weller -same venue. Reasonable price. Roughly
    one third to the venue, one third to the promotor, one third to the artists ?
    it's not unreasonable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

I got 2 online... No problems! less than a 20 second wait.

antodeco wrote: »
    To everyone who got a ticket, was it online or in a booth?

The reason I ask, it said it was sold out within 10 seconds of them going on sale. It takes roughly 15 - 20 seconds to get to the page where they will start holding them for you.

I know!!! I clicked search at exactly 9:00:01 and typed in everything ultra fast... No joy. So fecking angry / sad. He should have played the o2, too many fans had their spirits crushed with the small choice of venue...

Are people following these rules??
    http://www.simplehelp.net/2006/07/30/how-to-get-tickets-for-any-ticketmaster-event/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

That's mad, I got one easy enough. I kept refreshing and just after 9am the page appeared so I picked one ticket, proceeded through no problem. There was no waiting or nothing. I've tried buying tickets before for busy events so I was surprised there were no delays or anything and it made me wonder if I was the only one buying them!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Live4Ever wrote: »

I didnt go according to the time on my Mac. I went according to when they went on sale (assuming it actually was 9am). Literally kept refreshing and then the moment they became available, i tried purchasing them. I was already logged into my account too.

I didnt go according to the time on my Mac. I went according to when they went on sale (assuming it actually was 9am). Literally kept refreshing and then the moment they became available, i tried purchasing them. I was already logged into my account too.

Yeah but if they go on sale at 9am and you have your MAC / PC time spot on, which i did, we should have got them?

You see that guy says "do not refresh", I did exactly what he said and no joy!! There must have been very few tickets available.... I was also logged in.

Oh well here's to a second date, looks like it'll be Beady Eye at Belsonic for now...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

5 tabs open in Firefox - four on the Noel ticketmaster page and one on google with Dublin Time in search. 3 tabs open in IE on the Noel ticketmaster page. I'm logged into ticketmaster on both browsers and my card details are all saved and ready to go on the site.

I refresh the google dublin time up to 08:58. Then I hit F5 on all the tabs on both browsers. This basically has me refreshing the page multiple times per second.

The split second on a tab I see the For Sale sign I don't refresh of the other tabs and immediately fire through on that page past the word ID bit. After that page it holds the tickets for 3 minutes, let's say that took 8 seconds.

I then refresh a tab in the other browser (as doing it in the same browser will not be allowed and risk the tickets already being reserved) and fire the ID word into that one aswell. This was to get a second pair for mates.

I then completed the sale on the first browser.

I then went back to the second browser (the open I fired through approximately 8 seconds after the first one) and it was sold out.

I've never failed to get tickets online using this method. That was BY FAR the closest though.. 8 seconds in the difference only.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭thirtypence

any rumours on a second date? what are the chances?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Id love to know how it manages to sell out so quick with only a limit of two per people. Gone within 10 seconds (if even) online. I wonder did the kiosks sell them a few minutes earlier..

i wonder if there's a seperate kiosk allocation and an online allocation.
    i would have always thought that queuing is a waste of time as unless you're first in the queue, all the tickets will be gone before the first transaction is completed. presumably the system is open few minutes before it's shows online, and the staff at the kiosks just see that it's open and start selling?

as for online, i presume that it lets so many people onto the page to buy, a little more than the amount of tickets that are available, then after that it just shows up as not being available at all to those people who didn't refresh in time. tickets won't have actually been sold out for another minute or 2, but there's too many people already on the system so it locks everyone else out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

PTO wrote: »
    kinda expensive though aren't they? I know its Noel Gallagher but its still the Olympia!! Didnt he say at the press conference that he wouldn't be charging Oasis prices for tickets?

i'd prefer to pay 50quid for the Olympia than 50quid for the O2 or somewhere large outdoors with crap sound....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

http://www.joe.ie/entertainment/music/noel-gallagher-tickets-sell-out-in-20-seconds-0014680-1

20 seconds apparently, to sell out his Irish tour. UK tour not sold out yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

http://www.joe.ie/entertainment/music/noel-gallagher-tickets-sell-out-in-20-seconds-0014680-1

20 seconds apparently, to sell out his Irish tour. UK tour not sold out yet.

Uk is long gone aswell. The london show was a Saturday night, would have been a good weekend to head over.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Those tickets for €600 on Ebay are already gone. Can't believe someone would be so foolish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

SB-08 wrote: »
    Those tickets for €600 on Ebay are already gone. Can't believe someone would be so foolish.

A Fool and his money are soon parted.

So true that line

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

A Fool and his money are soon parted.

So true that line

I was logged in ahead of time and I just went to the Noel Gallagher page and kept refreshing just before 9am as the tickets hadn't gone on sale. As soon as the On Sale thing appeared, I purchased one straight away. No delays. Am still amazed how quickly it went through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

i was the same g-money. refreshed, went straight in and booked. Only thing i had to do was set up that stupid mastercard vericode thing.
    But got through that quick enough. delighted i got 2.

Yep, I got that verified by visa thing too but again, no delays nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Olympia's Facebook
    We've just heard there will definitely be no extra date put on, sorry folks

neil_18_ wrote: »
    Olympia's Facebook

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

G-Money wrote: »
    I was logged in ahead of time and I just went to the Noel Gallagher page and kept refreshing just before 9am as the tickets hadn't gone on sale. As soon as the On Sale thing appeared, I purchased one straight away. No delays. Am still amazed how quickly it went through.
    BornIn84 wrote: »
    i was the same g-money. refreshed, went straight in and booked. Only thing i had to do was set up that stupid mastercard vericode thing.
    But got through that quick enough. delighted i got 2.

I also did this,but I wasn't lucky! :(

Olympia's Facebook

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

*breath*

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

They cant do this to me / us!

I'll go gay for a ticket, any takers?! ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Olympia's Facebook

I can't believe this.:mad: He has a four day gap between the gig and the next one so why is there no second date? It makes no sense not to add one considering the massive demand. I am sure he will play the O2 next year as he said he would play bigger venues later, but this is beyond disappointing. :(

I can't believe this.:mad: He has a four day gap between the gig and the next one so why is there no second date? It makes no sense not to add one considering the massive demand. I am sure he will play the O2 next year as he said he would play bigger venues later, but this is beyond disappointing. :(

I hear ya man! Obviously we will see him, at some stage but its the ultra special first live gig of the whole tour, I'd literally swap my left one for a ticket at this stage! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Gunty

Like almost everyone else I too could not get tickets. Was looking at the forum on Noels webite and its the same there if not worse. TBH im not a major fan like most people on here seem to be but would still love to see Noel in the Olympia. The problem is Ticketmaster and the people involved. I know a guy who can get as many tickets for any concert from MCD and im sure he has for this. Id love to see exactly how many tickets ticketmaster offically sold. Surely there has to be some way of regulating this?????

• Advertisement

Gunty wrote: »
    I know a guy who can get as many tickets for any concert from MCD and im sure he has for this.

I'll take 2 with a few quid thrown your way... come on... I'm desperate!! :D;)

Advertisement