Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher 23rd October

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Disappointing news from The Olympia. I presume he will have to stick a Belfast date into that four day gap. Will he maybe throw in a Cork date as well, or even a Castlebar date with his family being from up that way? His website says there will be "further announcements regarding touring" soon so I presume some other gig will have to be announced in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shaneosexual

Is needaticket.ie safe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

Disappointing news from The Olympia. I presume he will have to stick a Belfast date into that four day gap. Will he maybe throw in a Cork date as well, or even a Castlebar date with his family being from up that way? His website says there will be "further announcements regarding touring" soon so I presume some other gig will have to be announced in Ireland.

Yeah I imagine he'll have other dates, maybe a few summer gigs. A Castlebar gig would be INSANE!

The thing thats killing me the most is this is the FIRST gig of the WHOLE tour. You only ever have one great comeback, this is it for Noel!!

I'll pay 200 blips to see it, end of. I won't miss this gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Live4Ever wrote: »
    I'll take 2 with a few quid thrown your way... come on... I'm desperate!! :D;)

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Live4Ever wrote: »
    The thing thats killing me the most is this is the FIRST gig of the WHOLE tour. You only ever have one great comeback, this is it for Noel!!

I'll pay 200 blips to see it, end of. I won't miss this gig.

Im in that camp aswell, just biding my time for the best eBay offer to show up

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Im in that camp aswell, just biding my time for the best eBay offer to show up

It'll be worth it man. It's as exciting as Johnny Cashs comeback in 2000!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

As soon as the for sale sign was up after doing 1 or 2 refreshes.... banged in the details. Sold out/no tickets available page came up straight away.... Ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Count me in with the disappointed. However, I will not let TicketBastard rob me of my senses and pay a cent over face value. Those of you who do fork out stupid sums are ultimately responsible for the tout culture and do not deserve any sympathy.

The sooner people stop this practice the better, it does no good whatsoever.

Here's hoping for more date announcements, because 3 shows is pathetic given the demand. If I'm paying €200 to see the man, I'd be wanting a flight and a nice hotel thrown in for my troubles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I totally agree with previous posters.

It is absolute bull**** that there won't be a second date added even though Noel is off for four days after.

I came to ticketmaster in Maynooth this morning, the shop opened at 9.00am on the dot and I rushed up to the counter to buy my ticket. I was first in line and all and the man told me they sold out just as he opened the door.

I was gutted when I heard as I can see everyone else is.

And yeah thankfully Noel spoke about arena dates for 2012 in the press conference so hopefully we will be getting an O2 date soon enough.

If not I'm sure he will play Oxegen and/ T In The Park next year like Beady Eye did.

For now I suggest we create a facebook campaign "Noel Gallagher to play the O2". That will definitely show Noel how much we want an arena date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

I think ye all want to cop on about three points here.

x = tickets
    y = demand
    x < y

Get over it.

Regulate Ticketmaster? A private limited company.
    Seriously? On what grounds?

Noel should play dates/locations x,y and z?

Noel can do what he fvcking well wants.
    He owes you nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Zamboni wrote: »

x = tickets
    y = demand
    x < y

Get over it.

He owes you nothing.

I think everyone understands the situation and is well aware of your 3 very well made out points... :rolleyes:

People are just venting a bit of frustration in not getting a ticket...

karaokeman wrote: »
    I totally agree with previous posters.

It is absolute bull**** that there won't be a second date added even though Noel is off for four days after.

I came to ticketmaster in Maynooth this morning, the shop opened at 9.00am on the dot and I rushed up to the counter to buy my ticket. I was first in line and all and the man told me they sold out just as he opened the door.

I was gutted when I heard as I can see everyone else is.

And yeah thankfully Noel spoke about arena dates for 2012 in the press conference so hopefully we will be getting an O2 date soon enough.

If not I'm sure he will play Oxegen and/ T In The Park next year like Beady Eye did.

For now I suggest we create a facebook campaign "Noel Gallagher to play the O2". That will definitely show Noel how much we want an arena date.

I was waiting to see how you got on! After saying you werent concerned at all in the music forum and had no bother for RHCP and reckoning people would be put off by the price.. brutal dose of reality I think.

People are going berzerk on facebook about touts. Its not touts though, as ever they are a factor but there was probably 14,000+ people trying to get tickets this morning for a venue that only holds 1,600 people.

Take away maybe 150 for ticketmaster touts getting sorted before they go on sale, then remove 100 or so for corporate and there was probably less than 1,400 tickets.

1,400 / if 14,000 tried = 10% of those who tried would get a ticket.

If you werent ready with the finger on the button at 08:58 you had no chance whatsoever. If you were, you had a small chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Zamboni wrote: »

x = tickets
    y = demand
    x < y

Get over it.

He owes you nothing.

thanks captain obvious :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

nm wrote: »
    1,400 / if 14,000 tried = 1% of those who tried would get a ticket.

Try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Mick Lynham, music manager with RCA Records, who first broke the news about the Olympia date four months ago claims there WILL be the second date. Why would the Olympia claim there won't if two were booked by Noel? http://twitter.com/#!/MickRCALabel

Just had word from someone inside MCD that a second date is likely to be announced.....or that it's at least "looking like it"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

SB-08 wrote: »
    Mick Lynham, music manager with RCA Records, who first broke the news about the Olympia date four months ago claims there WILL be the second date. Why would the Olympia claim there won't if two were booked by Noel? http://twitter.com/#!/MickRCALabel

He also says
    MickRCALabel Mick Lynham
    @NoelGallagher Noel tickets sold out BEFORE they went on sale in all venues
    5 hours ago

Which is a complete lie.

Clearly lots of people got tickets when they went on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    No doubt some touting agency will have them to sell at marked up prices before lunch time.
    Ticketmaster own needaticket where the tickets are up for €160 each, seen a Watchdog programme on this last year.. basically a scam where they siphon tickets off to their own touting site and charge through the roof

Is it not www.getmein.com that they own?

I was considering needaticket.ie but it seems like a complete scam from threads ive read on here, showin up before a gig with a seating ticket for you instead of standing & other ****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shaneosexual

Tickets were available on needaticket at 1 am last night/this morning. Standing tickets were 80 euro.

They were 120 on there & 9.30 but about half an hour later they were upto 160

nm wrote: »
    I was waiting to see how you got on! After saying you werent concerned at all in the music forum and had no bother for RHCP and reckoning people would be put off by the price.. brutal dose of reality I think.

People are going berzerk on facebook about touts. Its not touts though, as ever they are a factor but there was probably 14,000+ people trying to get tickets this morning for a venue that only holds 1,600 people.

Take away maybe 150 for ticketmaster touts getting sorted before they go on sale, then remove 100 or so for corporate and there was probably less than 1,400 tickets.

1,400 / if 14,000 tried = 10% of those who tried would get a ticket.

If you werent ready with the finger on the button at 08:58 you had no chance whatsoever. If you were, you had a small chance.

A brutal dose of reality it is. This is actually the first time I visited a ticketmaster outlet and they opened at the time the tickets went on sale.

This is of course the reason I didn't get a ticket. When I showed up at the same place for the RHCP they opened at 8.55am so obviously there was time before that crucial instant at 9.00am when the tickets went on sale.

I actually stated in the music forum that the price would put people off because I believed it at the time due to complaints. But I guess I was wrong, people can and will pay 50 quid for Noel on his own they are such die-hards.

But Mick Lynham also claims he knows Noel and the Gallagher family very well so we can always pray a second date will be added.

The Olympia probably announced a second date would definitely not happen because they knew people would be asking them all day long about it. How would they know anyway? If that was the case wouldn't it come from Noel and his manager first and not the venue?

If Noel does announce more tour dates does anyone know when they might go on sale?

In my experience most gig tickets go on sale on a friday whether its the original tour dates or extra dates put on due to demand.

Next friday might be too long to wait, I will be up any other day this week if a new Irish date goes on sale.

I presume the Olympia know as it'll have been booked prospectively months ago.

If he announces a Manchester date which I presume he will, im gonna fly over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

I went to ticketmaster this morning and all that was there was a girl in fornt of me and some guy came later.
    The lads that was working in the shop arrived at 8.45 and asked us how many tickets did we want, the girl said 2, I said 4, and the guy behind said 1.
    At 9.10 he brought us into the shop and said that there was bad news that I couldn't get 4 tickets all it is was 2 per person, but he said so the lad behind you bought you a ticket so pay him for it.. Happy days I went.. So I got 3 tickets for my troubles of getting up and waiting outside the shop:p:p:p:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

SB-08 wrote: »

he said there would be 2 gigs in November, with no venue stated.
    what we got was 1 date in October.

i wouldn't put all my trust in him, especially after the olympia said there definitely wouldn't be another gig, which means that it certainly wasn't booked by noel/his management at the time of writing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

I went to ticketmaster in Swords and there was 15+ people ahead of me seeing as I didnt join the queue until 8:45am, but just like everywhere else, it sold out instantly. The lad at the top of the queue got 2 apparently but that was it. Gutted for whoever was 2nd in the queue. He was probobly there almost as early as the first fella and no doubt they were talking about how great the gig was going to be and the likelihood of getting tickets seeing as they were at the top of the queue. I'd obviously love for a second date to be added but there will be fcuk all chance of getting a ticket for that either as it will be the exact same thing. Noel would have to put on 10+ dates in the Olympia in order for most of us to have a half decent chance of getting tickets I rekon. Well done to those of you lucky enough to get tickets, no doubt it will be some gig. He's getting better with age it seems.

Seeing as its going to be his first gig, I wonder what are the chances of it being filmed for DVD?

he said there would be 2 gigs in November, with no venue stated.
    what we got was 1 date in October.

i wouldn't put all my trust in him, especially after the olympia said there definitely wouldn't be another gig, which means that it certainly wasn't booked by noel/his management at the time of writing.

I would love to think Noel has the O2 planned for November but that would seem a little bit short notice as tickets would've went on sale by now if that was the case.

No matter how far or close it is to November Noel would have a good chance of selling it out and it would be a lot better than getting an extra Olympia date because with the Olympia the demand will be pretty much the same for a second date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

karaokeman wrote: »
    I would love to think Noel has the O2 planned for November but that would seem a little bit short notice as tickets would've went on sale by now if that was the case.

No matter how far or close it is to November Noel would have a good chance of selling it out and it would be a lot better than getting an extra Olympia date because with the Olympia the demand will be pretty much the same for a second date.

I think from a logistic point of view if he is do a second gig it will be in the Olympia.

I'd say he will probably a gig in the O2 in the spring 2012 probably announced in November to take advantage of the Christmas market.

Advertisement