Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher 23rd October

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I think from a logistic point of view if he is do a second gig it will be in the Olympia.

I'd say he will probably a gig in the O2 in the spring 2012 probably announced in November to take advantage of the Christmas market.

I think I can wait until spring so hopefully an O2 date would be in either Febuary or March.

Summer would be too long to wait. Noel should leave the summer for festival dates cause few arena shows happen during the summer months anyway.

Good thing is most die-hard Noel fans will get to see him if he plays Oxegen next year cause Oxegen has had a lot of bad luck in recent years with selling out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

karaokeman wrote: »
    Oxegen has had a lot of bad luck in recent years with selling out.

Bad luck has nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

The Olympia facebook page is running a competition to win 2 tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shaneosexual

Everyone should create an ebay account that they never intend on using and sabotage any attempts by someone to sell tickets at a ridiculous price by bidding a ridiculous amount that will never be outbid and then never pay for it. Just keep repeating this when they relist. Just to annoy the touts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Darkwhite

• Advertisement

€49.50 is still quite steep for Noel tbh.

I just heard he will only be playing about four Oasis songs on his tour so if you take into consideration the fact he has 10 songs on the album that will mean he can only play 14.

Don't get me wrong I still want to see Noel live but for his theatre tour I don't really think its worth face value.

At this point I would rather see Noel when his second album comes out next year as he will have more songs to perform when that happens and there will be more chance of getting my money's worth for a show that will likely have 20 songs or more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

€49.50 is not steep for Noel Gallagher in Ireland. What are you comparing this to to come to that conclusion?

From my gmail heres the last few Olympia gigs I have confirmation for:

Ryan Adams 55
    QOTSA 50
    Beady Eye 41
    Frames 40
    Pogues 55
    OCS 40

It's about standard, and considering the draw he is they could have ripped us off but didn't (by Ireland standards) so fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

He'll probably throw in the b-sides too,

Here is The Good Rebel......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrSg6ENswyo

Yeah I was a little let down with him saying he'll only do 4 Oasis songs and play for 1 hour and a half,

And there probably gonna be the usual suspects too ,

The Importance Of Being Idle
    The Masterplan
    Don't Look Back In Anger
    Half The World Away

and maybe.....

Wonderwall (doubt it tho)

I liked the way Beady Eye went back to €30 tickets, Oasis were charging about €70 I think on their last tour, Noel with his new band are jumping straight back into big bucks territory, I can't say I'm a big fan of the 2 tunes we have heard so far, Really looking forward to "Everybody's On The Run" tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

Good point, Beady Eye did have cheap tickets for their gigs.

In fairness Noel is well known for being in it "for the money" and has never felt bad about taking fans money, he knows he'll sell out gigs no matter what price the tickets are. Sometimes when I watch him in interviews I think of him as the "Michael O'Leary" of the music business. He's a shrewd basta*d.

Anyway I'm still devastated I haven't got a ticket and I know I shouldn't be giving money to touts but I really, really, really, really want to go.

So far the two tunes are ok, TDOFYAM is better than the b side. Couldnt help feeling that the b side would sound way better with Liam singing.... sunshiiiiiiiine. It features heavily in the tune and let's be honest sunshiiiiiine is one of LGs trademarks.

Actually, isn't sunshiiiine in both songs so far? Looks like Noel forgot he was writing for himself and not Liam!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

He'll probably throw in the b-sides too,

Here is The Good Rebel......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrSg6ENswyo

Yeah I was a little let down with him saying he'll only do 4 Oasis songs and play for 1 hour and a half,

And there probably gonna be the usual suspects too ,

The Importance Of Being Idle
    The Masterplan
    Don't Look Back In Anger
    Half The World Away

and maybe.....

Wonderwall (doubt it tho)

Il stick my neck out and say Noel will keep 'It's Good..' as the opening tune of his gigs.

• Advertisement

Temaz wrote: »
    Il stick my neck out and say Noel will keep 'It's Good..' as the opening tune of his gigs.

It's Good to be Free??

Great tune, prefer Liam on vocals though, the Teen Cancer Trust Version where Noel is solo is nothing compared to The Masterplan or White Rooms Sessions versions.

Live4Ever wrote: »
    It's Good to be Free??

Great tune, prefer Liam on vocals though, the Teen Cancer Trust Version where Noel is solo is nothing compared to The Masterplan or White Rooms Sessions versions.

I much prefer Noel's version of it on the tour Noel did promoting the Stop The Clocks greatest hits album.

I'd love to hear Gas Panic get a run out. it is, for me Noels greatest lyrics.

I much prefer Noel's version of it on the tour Noel did promoting the Stop The Clocks greatest hits album.

I'd love to hear Gas Panic get a run out. it is, for me Noels greatest lyrics.

Really? If you haven't seen the White Rooms version google it, for me it's the definitive version. Liams sheep skin jacket is hilarious aswell.

True, true, I would totally agree with you there re: Gas Panic

What tongueless ghost of sin crept through my curtains?
    Sailing on a sea of sweat on a stormy night
    I think he don't got a name but I can't be certain
    And in me he starts to confide

:D

Really? If you haven't seen the White Rooms version google it, for me it's the definitive version. Liams sheep skin jacket is hilarious aswell.

True, true, I would totally agree with you there re: Gas Panic

What tongueless ghost of sin crept through my curtains?
    Sailing on a sea of sweat on a stormy night
    I think he don't got a name but I can't be certain
    And in me he starts to confide

:D

Ya I have those sessions on a hard drive somewhere in my room! As for Gas Panic, glad you love it as well, it's a beast when played live. Yokohama 2000 bootleg has a stunning version of it, beats even the Familiar To Millions version.

Noel sang 'Gas Panic' at one of the now infamous 'Soundchecks' that have been heavily bootleged. Maybe, just maybe we will hear it at his upcoming gigs.

Ya I have those sessions on a hard drive somewhere in my room! As for Gas Panic, glad you love it as well, it's a beast when played live. Yokohama 2000 bootleg has a stunning version of it, beats even the Familiar To Millions version.

Noel sang 'Gas Panic' at one of the now infamous 'Soundchecks' that have been heavily bootleged. Maybe, just maybe we will hear it at his upcoming gigs.

Oh yeah, quality tune, funnily enough the bro was going around the gaff all weekend, blaring it. I wasn't complaining! It will be GREAT if he plays it live.

Can't get youtube in work but I will be watching that at home. TBH I'm not too familiar with many of the Soundcheck recordings barr Like A Rolling Stone. Where do you get your bootlegs?! I just have a random collection of various b sides and other earlier materials.

You going to the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I just heard he will only be playing about four Oasis songs on his tour so if you take into consideration the fact he has 10 songs on the album that will mean he can only play 14.

Is that truth, or is it, in the words of Alan Rickman, "idle speculation?"

nm wrote: »
    €49.50 is not steep for Noel Gallagher in Ireland. What are you comparing this to to come to that conclusion?

From my gmail heres the last few Olympia gigs I have confirmation for:

Ryan Adams 55
    QOTSA 50
    Beady Eye 41
    Frames 40
    Pogues 55
    OCS 40

It's about standard, and considering the draw he is they could have ripped us off but didn't (by Ireland standards) so fair enough.

+1
    Also, to use another Manc solo artist as an example, Morrissey played Dublin recently and some tickets were 48€. So the price is just about correct.

Oh yeah, quality tune, funnily enough the bro was going around the gaff all weekend, blaring it. I wasn't complaining! It will be GREAT if he plays it live.

Can't get youtube in work but I will be watching that at home. TBH I'm not too familiar with many of the Soundcheck recordings barr Like A Rolling Stone. Where do you get your bootlegs?! I just have a random collection of various b sides and other earlier materials.

You going to the gig?

Check yer pm's!

Is that truth, or is it, in the words of Alan Rickman, "idle speculation?"

It's nothing less than GAY if he only does 4 Oasis tunes. I was grand with Beady Eye not playing them as I knew Noel would, but come on? 4 fcuking songs, sure I can listen to the big 4 on youtube, god knows there's at least 15 different versions of each going around.

I'd like to hear:
    Live Forever
    It's Good to be Free
    Gas Panic
    Sunday Morning Call
    Cast No Shadow
    and obviously Don't Look Back in Anger for the mega sing-along!

It's nothing less than GAY if he only does 4 Oasis tunes. I was grand with Beady Eye not playing them as I knew Noel would, but come on? 4 fcuking songs, sure I can listen to the big 4 on youtube, god knows there's at least 15 different versions of each going around.

I'd like to hear:
    Live Forever
    It's Good to be Free
    Gas Panic
    Sunday Morning Call
    Cast No Shadow
    and obviously Don't Look Back in Anger for the mega sing-along!

I'd also like The Masterplan and Slide Away. Maybe a cover song? Although I doubt his debut solo tour will include songs he hasn't (in part) written.

• Advertisement

I'd also like The Masterplan and Slide Away. Maybe a cover song? Although I doubt his debut solo tour will include songs he hasn't (in part) written.

+1

I seriously doubt there'll be a cover... unless he does "All You Need Is Love"???

I have to say I missed the Gallagher craic / speculations / discussions on boards after I got banned from Music, at least I can post here! :D

Would it be possible to meet Noel Gallagher at the stage door since its the Olympia?

I might pop up early during the day of the concert to see if I can catch Noel around and wish him luck with the solo career.

I know some people have met bands/artists at the Olympia before because its a small enough venue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Live Forever

Can't see him playing this. Don't think he and Gem played it on that tour at all, and he didnt at the Teenage Cancer Trust gigs either. Has he ever?
    They even dropped it from the Oasis setlist for a while.

Would much prefer if it was Wonderwall got this snubbing treatment.

Would it be possible to meet Noel Gallagher at the stage door since its the Olympia?

I might pop up early during the day of the concert to see if I can catch Noel around and wish him luck with the solo career.

I know some people have met bands/artists at the Olympia before because its a small enough venue.

I reckon you'd want to be hanging around from about 12 noon, lets hope he doesnt show up when you go for a whizz! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

nm wrote: »
    Can't see him playing this. Don't think he and Gem played it on that tour at all, and he didnt at the Teenage Cancer Trust gigs either. Has he ever?
    They even dropped it from the Oasis setlist for a while.
    Himself and Gem played it in Vicar Street before when they guested with Kelly Jones in 2000.

I reckon you'd want to be hanging around from about 12 noon, lets hope he doesnt show up when you go for a whizz! ;)

Thanks man.

I really just want to wish Noel luck with his solo career thats all.

I will probably be busking on that street on the day and I will talk to Noel when he shows up.

Thanks man.

I really just want to wish Noel luck with his solo career thats all.

I will probably be busking on that street on the day and I will talk to Noel when he shows up.

No bother, Noel usually does the soundchecks so I imagine the earlier the better. I'd say you'd make a few quid if you stand at the corner of that alley beside the Olympia and play Oasis tunes all day!! :D

This isn't you by any chance is it?? ;)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3739851/Strum-might-say-Liams-bored.html

No bother, Noel usually does the soundchecks so I imagine the earlier the better. I'd say you'd make a few quid if you stand at the corner of that alley beside the Olympia and play Oasis tunes all day!! :D

This isn't you by any chance is it?? ;)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3739851/Strum-might-say-Liams-bored.html

Nope thats not me but thanks for the link anyway.

I managed to get a ticket - upper circle - for E200.

Fecking delighted!!! :D I know spider-guardian got one aswell. Gonna be a classss night!!

Noel_Gallagher_463006a-764678.jpg

• Advertisement

I managed to get a ticket - upper circle - for E200.

You paid €200 for one gig:eek:?

My Jaysus you must be loaded.

Advertisement