Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher 23rd October

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

karaokeman wrote: »
    You paid €200 for one gig:eek:?

My Jaysus you must be loaded.

Haha unfortunately not my friend. But I'm a MASSIVE Gallagher fan, that much should be very obvious ;). There are 3 occasions where I'll pay wayyyy over the odds for a ticket if I couldnt get it during general sale. They are:

1. A Noel / Liam Gallagher / Beady Eye gig.
    2. Oasis reunion tour
    3. A back-from-the-dead Beatles reunion tour.

Nuff said!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Live4Ever wrote: »
    Haha unfortunately not my friend. But I'm a MASSIVE Gallagher fan, that much should be very obvious ;). There are 3 occasions where I'll pay wayyyy over the odds for a ticket if I couldnt get it during general sale. They are:

1. A Noel / Liam Gallagher / Beady Eye gig.
    2. Oasis reunion tour
    3. A back-from-the-dead Beatles reunion tour.

Nuff said!

Funny how all Oasis fans are also massive Beatles fans.

But yeah sometimes it is worth it if you don't get a ticket during general sale.

An Oasis reunion (please God if it ever happens) would certainly be worth a fortune.

But I could see it happening if Noel does become really successful (which is looking highly likely) and if Beady Eye fade away within the next year or so.

Funny how all Oasis fans are also massive Beatles fans.

But yeah sometimes it is worth it if you don't get a ticket during general sale.

An Oasis reunion (please God if it ever happens) would certainly be worth a fortune.

But I could see it happening if Noel does become really successful (which is looking highly likely) and if Beady Eye fade away within the next year or so.

You see I won't say who I feel is better until I've heard Noels album in full. There was more pressure on Noel to make a great album, in fairness that remains to be seen.

I'm not a massive fan of that b side although The Death of You and Me is great.

Beady Eye should have a second album out next year which I look forward to. I'm also interested what Noels second album will be like. He has said its "the furtherest out I've ever been" about 50 times so it must be very trippy!

I can't see Beady Eye fading away either, Liam is always in the public eye it won't happen.

I like how Beady Eye are a go mental band, while Noel is chilled out. It makes for two completely different gigs!

I am 100% happy paying E200 for a ticket, I said it here a few weeks ago that I'd pay over the odds!

You never know NG might let ya in for free if u manage to meet him sidestage. ;)

You see I won't say who I feel is better until I've heard Noels album in full. There was more pressure on Noel to make a great album, in fairness that remains to be seen.

I'm not a massive fan of that b side although The Death of You and Me is great.

Beady Eye should have a second album out next year which I look forward to. I'm also interested what Noels second album will be like. He has said its "the furtherest out I've ever been" about 50 times so it must be very trippy!

I can't see Beady Eye fading away either, Liam is always in the public eye it won't happen.

I like how Beady Eye are a go mental band, while Noel is chilled out. It makes for two completely different gigs!

I am 100% happy paying E200 for a ticket, I said it here a few weeks ago that I'd pay over the odds!

You never know NG might let ya in for free if u manage to meet him sidestage. ;)

Yeah I know what you mean.

I would pay over the odds but I'll be broke going to college next month when I need to pay my fees so unfortunately I can't afford any second hand tickets.

I would be utterly shocked if Noel let me in for free but I guess I'll never know unless I try to meet him first.

Again Noel is tipped to be a major success so I'm sure whatever he delivers with his solo album, the second album next year will top that completely.

Beady Eye, well we'll see what happens as you say when their new album comes out. Liam has admitted they aren't as big as he thought they would have been at this point, so depending on how well they do albumwise and tourwise next year, its all down to how they fare against Noel.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

So Noel has announced 3 more gigs for the tour (all in London). I suppose we can hope that there still is a possibility that another Dublin gig will be announced in due course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

It's one in Manchester and two in London.

The London one is on our bank holiday weekend, the Sunday night would be worth a trip.

On sale Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Stampede again, oh well.

antodeco wrote: »
    So Noel has announced 3 more gigs for the tour (all in London). I suppose we can hope that there still is a possibility that another Dublin gig will be announced in due course.

Sure the full UK tour hasn't been announced as of yet has it?

Noel did mention in the press conference there would be dates in Glasgow and Birmingham, which have not yet been announced.

He could add the second Dublin date in alongside the next round of UK dates.

I remember the Olympia announced they would be running a competition on their facebook where you can win Noel Gallagher tickets.

They will probably have the second Dublin date up soon after that because more people will be interested while there is still only one date.

Fingers crossed, we might just get tickets if a second goes out:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Maybe he will keep slowly announcing more shows eg Glasgow/Birmingham and then ad a second dublin date either Olympia or would love to finally go to a gig in the Grand Canal

Maybe he will keep slowly announcing more shows eg Glasgow/Birmingham and then ad a second dublin date either Olympia or would love to finally go to a gig in the Grand Canal

Is there a chance he might play other theatres in Dublin if there is more Irish dates?

As much as I have reason to doubt it, he has announced dates in different London venues.

Either that or he could try Cork, Galway or thereabouts. I'm sure it doesn't have to be Dublin but that would be recommended.

Would still prefer a second Olympia but if I can get any Irish gig I will go.

• Advertisement

That was actually worse than the Dublin stampede, they went on sale on ticketmaster before 9 - 08:58 according to google. They were sold out by 9.

I was hitting from 08:55, not even paying full attention because it wasnt 9 yet and saw the FOR SALE come up. Managed to get 2, next page and put in the word, next page told the ticket numbers and how many are reserved, selected delivery option of post for £2.25, hit next page which usually would be the credit card screen -

UNEXPECTED ERROR

Went back to the start - sold out. Looked at the clock it was only 09:00.

nm wrote: »
    That was actually worse than the Dublin stampede, they went on sale on ticketmaster before 9 - 08:58 according to google. They were sold out by 9.

I was hitting from 08:55, not even paying full attention because it wasnt 9 yet and saw the FOR SALE come up. Managed to get 2, next page and put in the word, next page told the ticket numbers and how many are reserved, selected delivery option of post for £2.25, hit next page which usually would be the credit card screen -

UNEXPECTED ERROR

That happened with me when i tried to get Mumford and Sons tickets a few months ago , i had the tickets and was flying through and then just as i said confirm "Unexpected Error" came up and when i tried to go back a few steps it would load for me. Then tickets sold out:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

UNEXPECTED ERROR

That is horrible luck.. =/

Hard Luck lads, I didn't even bother trying this time.

I reckon he'll do summer dates here, if he hasn't already planned on doing festivals.

Yea id be amazed if he doesnt do Oxegen or that @ the park thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhZZSd5kzdA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    Fcuking unreal tune!!! I thought the video was a clip of NGs video for a few seconds then all the english flags etc had me wondering. Good ad all the same.

Noels album is gonna be unreal. FACT. I love his voice in comparison to LG. Very mellow. Although LG has sounded fantastic of late, especially on the more mellow b sides like 'World Outside My Room' and 'In the Bubble With a Bullet'. If you havent heard them, you'll be impressed!

I also hope he reverts to tracksuits for the solo gigs haha:

noel20g.jpg

noel-gallagher-in-penfield-jacket-782538.jpg

^ They're not tracksuits that's a Penfield Pac Jac!! Absolute 90's wear them.. I actually have one upstairs, back then a perfect fit but now too big as the style back then was much baggier!

Also it has a massive hole under one arm but still, its never getting thrown out ever :D

^ They're not tracksuits that's a Penfield Pac Jac!! Absolute 90's wear them.. I actually have one upstairs, back then a perfect fit but now too big as the style back then was much baggier!

Also it has a massive hole under one arm but still, its never getting thrown out ever :D

Haha i was too young in the mid nineties to know them! Just looked like a normal sports jacket to me! They look class, I NEED one for the gig haha!

Watchinh a few NG live vids for the mid nineties. He is a master.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭hullabulloo

Hi all,

Looking to trade a NG standing ticket for an All Ireland Hill ticket if anyone is interested PM cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 iGenius

Gonna look for a ticket online - anyone got any tips? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

iGenius wrote: »
    Gonna look for a ticket online - anyone got any tips? :)

Start saving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 iGenius

Start saving

Thanks, but I'm aware of how much they are going for.

I mean in terms of buying from a legit site etc. Where to get the best deal.

iGenius wrote: »
    Thanks, but I'm aware of how much they are going for.

I mean in terms of buying from a legit site etc. Where to get the best deal.

Currently the cheapest on Ebay are going for €168.50 a pair.

Its dear ya know what I mean, I would rather wait for next year when he'll play an O2 date. I really don't have that kind of money.

But look out for Oxegen news too, he should play as a sub-headliner next year and surely some acts will be announced before christmas.

But look out for Oxegen news too, he should play as a sub-headliner next year and surely some acts will be announced before christmas.

Hopefully this doesnt happen

Currently the cheapest on Ebay are going for €168.50 a pair.

Its dear ya know what I mean, I would rather wait for next year when he'll play an O2 date. I really don't have that kind of money.

The beauty of the Dublin gig is that it's Noels FIRST EVER SOLO GIG (obviously he's done gigs alone, but now he is a proper solo artist, not just playing without the lads). It'll be pretty cool saying you were at his first ever solo gig, the atmos will be unreal.
    Hopefully this doesnt happen

+1

I braved a day at Oxegen to see Beady Eye: worth it. I actually left soon after they finished, wasn't interest in any other band and the ammount of kids and scummers at it, as usual, was horrible.

I reckon he'd be wayyy better suited to EP, espcially as he's gone quite mellow and acoustic. Oasis would have suited Oxegen.

I reckon he'd be wayyy better suited to EP, espcially as he's gone quite mellow and acoustic. Oasis would have suited Oxegen.

If Noel plays EP next year I will more than likely go there instead of Oxegen seen as how RHCP and Green Day are becoming greater possibilities for next year and seen as how by then I'll have seen the two of them live.

That and the fact that I may be working abroad next summer so the fact EP is so late will help that decision too.

But I agree about Oasis, would've loved to see them at Oxegen if they were still together.

Maybe if Beady Eye come back with some era-defining songs and anthems I'll give them a chance as headliners but for the moment, they're not at that stage yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Gonna try my best to get tickets to his Madrid gig, seening as I'm now living in Barcelona. If not, then hopefully he'll do a big gig during the summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Got two for Madrid in November :)
    noelticketsmadrid.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Printscreen / print >_>

:D

Nice one! Enjoy the gig

• Advertisement

noelticketsmadrid.jpg

Well done hope you enjoy the gig.

Make sure to take lots of pictures and videos for youtube.

Advertisement