Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher 23rd October

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭hullabulloo

Hi all,

Looking to trade a Noel Gallagher Olympia standing ticket for an All Ireland Football Final Hill ticket if anyone is interested PM cheers

Shameless Bump...Any takers for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

karaokeman wrote: »
    Well done hope you enjoy the gig.

Make sure to take lots of pictures and videos for youtube.

Haha no, fook that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Shameless Bump...Any takers for this?

If I had an All Ireland Final ticket I would definitely swap but unfortunately I don't.

Anyone know if Noel will be playing Wonderwall at the live shows?

I've been thinking about this, it seems debatable as most Oasis fans will want to hear it.

Only problem is Noel doesn't want to sing the songs Liam did lead vocals on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Anyone know if Noel will be playing Wonderwall at the live shows?

I've been thinking about this, it seems debatable as most Oasis fans will want to hear it.

Only problem is Noel doesn't want to sing the songs Liam did lead vocals on.

Hopefully not. I don't think many Oasis fans will want to hear that, I know I won't, that's possibly the only song in their whole catalogue that I'd change the station if it came on the radio.

I'd say Listen Up, Masterplan, Rocking Chair, that kind of thing.

Maybe Don't Look Back in Anger but I'd still rather not.

• Advertisement

nm wrote: »
    Hopefully not. I don't think many Oasis fans will want to hear that, I know I won't, that's possibly the only song in their whole catalogue that I'd change the station if it came on the radio.

I'd say Listen Up, Masterplan, Rocking Chair, that kind of thing.

Maybe Don't Look Back in Anger but I'd still rather not.

Don't Look Back In Anger is almost a definite. Its kind of like Noel's trump card and he mentioned it at the conference.

Wonderwall is the song that made them so Noel may play this seen as how he wants the fans to hear some Oasis songs.

Importance of Being Idle, Little by Little and the two you mentioned Rocking Chair and The Masterplan (which Noel mentioned too) are possible contenders too but obviously we won't get them all.

Maybe he will play different songs at each show? It would be better that way I think, rather than having the same 15 songs for each gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Ive never really been a fan of Wonderwall but the version of it that he's been playing post-Oasis is great, particularly on the royal albert hall/teenage cancer trust CD.
    Nearly sure I read that he slowed it down to be more like the Ryan Adams version which he loves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Don't Look Back In Anger is almost a definite. Its kind of like Noel's trump card and he mentioned it at the conference.

Wonderwall is the song that made them so Noel may play this seen as how he wants the fans to hear some Oasis songs.

Importance of Being Idle, Little by Little and the two you mentioned Rocking Chair and The Masterplan (which Noel mentioned too) are possible contenders too but obviously we won't get them all.

Maybe he will play different songs at each show? It would be better that way I think, rather than having the same 15 songs for each gig.

Please no Wonderwall...if ever a song has been ruined by bad buskers this is the one.

Also...Little by Little?! Are you having a laugh. Absolutely no chance of that cropping up, they haven't played it since the album tour for Heathen Chemistry.

Songs in the vein of the solo acoustic tour he did a couple of years back, and possibly a fully electric version of DLBIA. I don't see him singing Liam vocal led songs fully electric, it will be the more slowed down acoustic versions if anything.

niallo24 wrote: »
    Please no Wonderwall...if ever a song has been ruined by bad buskers this is the one.

True but it is a different story when you hear the song being played by the very man who penned it.

It's a much better feeling than hearing someone in a pub who is just trying to be Noel or Liam and who it actually hurts to hear them trying to overdo the Noel/Liam impression on the song's vocals....... uh the pain, don't think I want to talk about it:P

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

I always flick off Wonderwall or DLBIA if it comes on the radio / ipod. Yes, they are fantastic tunes but I've heard them 1,000,000,000,000 times by Oasis, cover bands, other bands, bad buskers, drunks with no voice and guitar talent on the session plus radio / mp3/ djs on nights out.

Havent listened to either song, intentionally since I heard them live at Slane. While I'd prefer to hear something a little bit more 'obscure' at the gig I won't complain if he plays them. Everyone knows the words and they will defo make the hairs on your neck stand up!!

Listen Up and Masterplan: I hope so.
    Rocking Chair: aww good song but I can think of way better tunes than that he could play!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

niallo24 wrote: »
    Also...Little by Little?! Are you having a laugh. Absolutely no chance of that cropping up, they haven't played it since the album tour for Heathen Chemistry.

It was played on the 'Don't Believe the Truth' tour but ya, you are right, not a hope Noel will play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Hoping for "d'yer wanna be a spaceman" to be played by him - now that would be class!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

At least D'yer Wanna Be A Spaceman is using your imagination, can't believe people would actually want to hear bloody Wonderwall. I mean ffs.

Listen Up, Rockin' Chair, Half The World Away, there are too many to mention. Why go for the done-to-death rubbish???

Savman wrote: »
    can't believe people would actually want to hear bloody Wonderwall. I mean ffs.
    If you never saw Bon Jovi live and just had your chance now would you want to hear Living On A Prayer? Of course you would some songs just need to be played at every show for the fans who have never heard it live by the original artist.

Why go for the done-to-death rubbish???

It was done-to-death by Liam but not by Noel. At all Oasis concerts in the past Liam performed the lead vocals, its now Noel's chance to take his own classic into his own hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

There are a million versions of Noel doing Wonderwall acoustic, the recently released Royal Albert Hall is one example. It has been done to death at this stage.

FWIW I don't regard Wonderwall as a "classic", far from it. One of his most popular, obviously, but the man has B sides that wipe the floor with it. Give me a setlist of those any day of the week, some absolutely cracking tunes that rarely get played live.

But hey, if the madferrit brigade want to go along to hold their Dutch Gold in the air while singing all the wrong lyrics to Wonderwall back at Noel....well leave 'em at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

But hey, if the madferrit brigade want to go along to hold their Dutch Gold in the air while singing all the wrong lyrics to Wonderwall back at Noel....well leave 'em at it.

Dear Lord.

Apparently Noel will be playing seven or eight Oasis songs for his solo gigs.

He just confirmed it today that there will be a lot more than we originally expected;

http://www.musicrooms.net/rock/41430-noel-gallagher-will-play-oasis-songs-at-solo-gigs.html

The legend that is Gallagher said: "It was f***ing very short. [The number of Oasis songs] has gone from four, to six. In fact, it could actually be seven or eight now."

Gonna be a great gig, almost into October now... I can almost smell it!

Looking forward to the leak.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Bought my tickets from a 3rd party but still no sign of'em yet....has rock solid eBay feedback though so not worrying. Has Ticketmaster sent out tickets yet does anyone know?

I'd ****in kill to hear this live:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Bought my tickets from a 3rd party but still no sign of'em yet....has rock solid eBay feedback though so not worrying. Has Ticketmaster sent out tickets yet does anyone know?

I got mine at least 3 weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Live4Ever wrote: »

Looking forward to the leak.

Im gonna fight the urge,went on Noel's website and ordered the Vinyl/cd-dvd/ set that comes with a mp3 link on release day.

So when it leaks Il be sticking my fingers in my ears!!

Temaz wrote: »
    Im gonna fight the urge,went on Noel's website and ordered the Vinyl/cd-dvd/ set that comes with a mp3 link on release day.

So when it leaks Il be sticking my fingers in my ears!!

Pffft, that's what they all say!!! Tried that for Beady Eye, a friend played me The Beat Goes On, an hour later, I had listened to the whole leak. Plus you need to so you know the words in time for the gig ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭hullabulloo

Anyone any idea is there a support act?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Anyone any idea is there a support act?

The Minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Quick question regarding upper/lower levels in "The Olympia Theatre"

A group of us were lucky enough to get tickets, four are lower and two are upper circle.

Will we all be able to be together at the gig or are they strict on zones etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Sitec wrote: »
    Quick question regarding upper/lower levels in "The Olympia Theatre"

A group of us were lucky enough to get tickets, four are lower and two are upper circle.

Will we all be able to be together at the gig or are they strict on zones etc?

From my experiences in The Olympia, they're strict on zones, so no, you won't be able to be together at the gig,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

From my experiences in The Olympia, they're strict on zones, so no, you won't be able to be together at the gig,

My friend had a seating ticket for the last Arcade fire ticket in the Olympia. She was allowed to join us standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Thanks for the replies, if anyone wants to swap two standing for two upper tickets pm me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I just got a standing ticket for Noel Gallagher Sunday on Ticketmaster, they must have held a few back and put them on sale today.

Get on there now and try - you might have to try a few times but worth a go.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Thought this was quite funny from a NME interview with Liam , he was asked about an Oasis reunion in 2015
    Liam added: "He's the one that keeps mentioning, I want to put him out of his misery. But I think he needs to do his solo thing first and realise he's not that good without his brother. He's got to find out for himself. I'm up for it – I'm not desperate for it. If it doesn't work out, I don't give a ****, I'm quite happy with [current band] Beady Eye."

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

http://www.nme.com/news/beady-eye/59935

Advertisement