Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher 23rd October

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Skid wrote: »
    I just got a standing ticket for Noel Gallagher Sunday on Ticketmaster, they must have held a few back and put them on sale today.

Get on there now and try - you might have to try a few times but worth a go.

You lucky bastard:p

I am so annoyed I am going to miss out tomorrow night. Have been trying to get a ticket but refuse to pay hundreds from a tout.Looks like it's going to be a great night. Love the new album, and hear he is going to be playing 6 or 7 Oasis tunes. Considering he is singing Little By Little on Jonathan Ross tonight, it seems certain he will sing it tomorrow night. One of my fave Oasis tunes, so underated by most people including Noel himself who hasn't sung it since the Heathen Chemistry tour nearly a decade ago as far as I know.

My prediction of the Oasis tunes he will sing:

Importance Of Being Idle
    Don't Look Back In Anger
    Wonderwall
    Whatever
    Talk Tonight
    Half The World Away
    The Masterplan
    Little By Little

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I think he's going to have to play quite a few Oasis songs. The album start to finish lasts 42 minutes and if I had to guess he'll be playing for about 1hr and 15 at least.

BTW, he's on stage at 9pm according to his blog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

For any unlucky sods, like me :mad:, who are not going tomorrrow night, just seen an ad during Noel's appearance on J.Ross show for a Belfast gig on 16th Feb next year, as part of "an arena tour". He's also playing the MEN that same week so the odds are good for a Dublin O2 gig me thinks, and if not, a trip up north anyways :)
    He also only did AKA What a Life (which sounded quite different live, obviously, but top notch none the less and his singing was gift) but no sign of Little by Little.
    Love to hear him to It's Better People and Heroes live, personally...if i was there, which i won't be as i've said :mad:

Yep, O2 in Dublin.

www.NoelGallagher.com is pleased to announce that Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds will be touring the UK and Ireland next February. The band will be featuring songs from their debut album, as well as a selection of Noel Gallagher classics. The band have confirmed the following dates:

13th Feb 12 :: MANCHESTER, MEN Arena
    16th Feb 12 :: BELFAST, Odyssey Arena
    17th Feb 12 :: DUBLIN, The O2
    23rd Feb 12 :: NEWCASTLE, Metro Radio Arena
    24th Feb 12 :: GLASGOW, SECC Hall 4
    26th Feb 12 :: LONDON, The O2
    01st Mar 12 :: BIRMINGHAM, NIA

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

Friday Night nice:D
    Hopefully I get tickets!

• Advertisement

G-Money wrote: »
    Yep, O2 in Dublin.

www.NoelGallagher.com is pleased to announce that Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds will be touring the UK and Ireland next February. The band will be featuring songs from their debut album, as well as a selection of Noel Gallagher classics. The band have confirmed the following dates:

Excellent! That was'nt on the site when i checked half an hour ago :)
    And the Dublin gig is a Friday too!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Friday Night nice:D
    Hopefully I get tickets!

Join the pre sale on his site!!!!!!!

G-Money wrote: »
    Yep, O2 in Dublin.

****ing epic news:D:D:D

Hopefully he plays a few nights at the O2 - if not i'll try for tickets to Belfast as well.

He was great on Wossy - such a witty legend. Loved the performance. I presume he just sang Little By Little after it went off air - so will likely do it on tour as well. It's a brilliant live anthem.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭cossy09

Strongly suggest not going to the bar for the support band The Minutes according to Music Scene
    http://musicscene.ie/2011/10/noel-gallagher-support-act-confirmed-for-olympia-theatre-dublin-concert-date/

See yis all there tomorrow:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would have loved to have seem him in the olympia but im glad he is coming back to the O2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

That o2 show is going to be a massive pile of ****ing ****e, compared to The Minutes followed by Noel Gallagher in the best venue in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Absolutely chuffed he's playing the O2 in Febuary.

I will be heading up today in the unlikelihood I will see someone selling tickets at the door.

Just glad the new date is so close, didn't want to wait till the summer for another show.

nm wrote: »
    That o2 show is going to be a massive pile of ****ing ****e, compared to The Minutes followed by Noel Gallagher in the best venue in the country.

I agree 100% Seen some great artisits in the Olympia and its a great intimate venue. Morrissey 3 times Suede to name but a few. And now Noel Gallagher!!!! The Minutes I saw last week in Whelans and the place was heaving and the band didnt disapoint. Glad to hear Noel or his management are supporting homegrown talent by giving them the support slot.

Cant wait. Dont miss them

nm wrote: »

True, but as Blackadder once put it, needs must when the devil vomits in your kettle
    't was a a massive pile of ****ing ****e to log on to Ticketmaster the morning the tickets for tonight's gig went on sale and not even get s sniff, so the O2 will do fine, i've seen three bands there and enjoyed them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Anyone know where Noel is staying tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

My bedroom. :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Savman wrote: »
    :eek:
    Want to get an autograph!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Want to get an autograph!

Some of us tried. I was up near the front when Noel walked in through the stage door.

He was in the venue like a shot, 50 minutes after sound check he walked straight back out without looking at any of us.

We were told Noel was going back to his hotel to get ready for the gig. What a load of b******s.

I'd say he was either not in the mood or he was just pissed off by all of us bashing United.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

karaokeman wrote: »
    Some of us tried. I was up near the front when Noel walked in through the stage door.

He was in the venue like a shot, 50 minutes after sound check he walked straight back out without looking at any of us.

We were told Noel was going back to his hotel to get ready for the gig. What a load of b******s.

I'd say he was either not in the mood or he was just pissed off by all of us bashing United.

I highly doubt that.

• Advertisement

Class gig. The crowd were so loud I could barely hear Noel singing. They raised the roof for him no doubt.

Amazing setlist - my only complaint? Where is 'The Masterplan'?:eek: Take out It's Good to be free and Mucky Fingers and replace them with The Masterplan and Whatever. Also add Slide Away acoustic and it is pure perfection.
    1. Its Good To Be Free
    2. Mucky Fingers
    3. Everybodys On The Run
    4. Dream On
    5. If I Had A Gun
    6. The Good Rebel
    7. The Death Of You And Me
    8. New Song
    9. Wonderwall
    10. Supersonic
    11. I Wanna Live In A Dream In My Record Machine
    12. AKA What A Life
    13. Talk Tonight
    14. Soldier Boys And Jesus Freaks
    15. AKA Broken Arrow
    16. Half The World Away
    17. Stranded On The Wrong Beach
    18. Dont Look Back In Anger
    19. The Importance Of Being Idle
    20. Little By Little

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭teotihuacan

That gig was fùcking UNREAL!!!!

Could not believe my ears when he played 'Supersonic' acoustic.

Spot on Noel. Spot. On.

SB-08 wrote: »
    Amazing setlist - my only complaint? Where is 'The Masterplan'?:eek: Take out It's Good to be free and Mucky Fingers and replace them with The Masterplan and Whatever. Also add Slide Away acoustic and it is pure perfection.
    1. Its Good To Be Free
    2. Mucky Fingers
    3. Everybodys On The Run
    4. Dream On
    5. If I Had A Gun
    6. The Good Rebel
    7. The Death Of You And Me
    8. New Song
    9. Wonderwall
    10. Supersonic
    11. I Wanna Live In A Dream In My Record Machine
    12. AKA What A Life
    13. Talk Tonight
    14. Soldier Boys And Jesus Freaks
    15. AKA Broken Arrow
    16. Half The World Away
    17. Stranded On The Wrong Beach
    18. Dont Look Back In Anger
    19. The Importance Of Being Idle
    20. Little By Little

i was very surprised he played Mucky Fingers and not The Masterplan. It's Good To Be Free was a lovely opener though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

i can not wait for feburary now :) didnt even go tonight but i can image it

I'm glad it wasn't just me who didnt know that song he played half way through.

Very surprised to hear Mucky Fingers. Barely know the words to it these days.

That gig was fùcking UNREAL!!!!

Could not believe my ears when he played 'Supersonic' acoustic.

Spot on Noel. Spot. On.

Just watched a snippet video of Supersonic acoustic and it sounded AMAZING. What were the highlights of the gig? I hear Little By Little was a great closer and really got the crowd going?

I really hope he keeps the majority of the songs in the setlist for the O2 gig in Feb.

Clip of Supersonic acoustic http://yfrog.com/mvr7gtz

SB-08 wrote: »
    Just watched a snippet video of Supersonic acoustic and it sounded AMAZING. What were the highlights of the gig? I hear Little By Little was a great closer and really got the crowd going?

I really hope he keeps the majority of the songs in the setlist for the O2 gig in Feb.

The main highlight for me was definitely Supersonic, then Wonderwall which was unexpected, Half The World Away really got the crowd going, a massive sing along and the general atmosphere was electric.

Another thing which was great - all of the new album tracks, everybody sang them like they had known them for years and they felt very familiar! Not bad for 1 week!

Great gig all round! :D

• Advertisement

Superb set from Noel gallagher tonight. Sounded fantastic

Any love for the support band The Minutes on the thread. Dublins hardest working band nearly blew the roof off the Olympia and Mr gallagher was suitably impressed

Advertisement