Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread closed because it's not relevant, why not?

Options
  • 02-08-2011 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I just started a thread on the "Online buying and auctions" forum about an issue I was having.

The thread was just closed because:
    Since this is nothing to do with online buying or auctions, thread closed

I'm just curious, how has this thread not fit under "Online Buying & Auctions"?

Consumer issues maybe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Have you asked the mod in question?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

No, but i'm pretty sure he/she'll just say it's off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

techguy wrote: »

I'm not sure what I can do for you.

It's the mod's call as to whether a thread is on topic or not.

So all I can suggest is that you drop the mod a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Ok, thanks.

My main reason for posting here was that so I could start the thread again in a relevant thread.

I believe this was the correct thread but obviously I was wrong, I don't want to have to post somewhere else to have that thread locked.

In your opinion where do you think I could post? "Consumer issues" perhaps?

I'll PM the MOD now.

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I have received no PM on this, so will answer here.
    techguy wrote:

That is the reason I gave for closing the thread, and it is an accurate response.

I answered your original question on thread, and closed it because the thread is not needed, and not to the topic of the forum. You hadn't even tried to ascertain why you had been charged, and until you do that, anything you and anyone else says is pure speculation. Not everything that happens needs a thread about it, and in this case, I feel that the thread is pointless. You already know what you need to do to resolve the problem, but you haven't done it yet, and until you do you do not need a thread on Boards about it.

As to closing the thread, it has nothing to do with buying online. You were charged out of the blue by a site that offers a download service. Contact them to find out why. Beyond that, the thread is irrelevant and off the topic of the forum. Why you are insistent on starting threads before you even contact the company in question is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This seems to be answered, so I'll close it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement