Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stage 2 - History modules

Options
  • 02-08-2011 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭

I'm just trying to decide what history modules I'm going to choose for 2nd year, and am rather confused. I'm doing a joint major (English and history) and there appear to be 4 core history modules:
    HIS20470 Modern America
    HIS20560 International History 1914-1991
    HIS20130 Land, Religion, Identity: Ireland 1540-1690
    HIS20460 Islam and Christianity in the Middle Ages

Usually I would only need to choose 1 more module to make up 5 (25 credits), but it is telling me:

History 50 Credit JM S2
    Students are required to take ALL core Modules. They must choose at least two modules from any of the four Option lists provided. No more than ONE module should be chosen from each Option list. In addition, Students must take one module from the level 3 option list.

Anyone able to explain?? :S

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Just-A-Phase

I just completed a joint major (history and politics) this year so from my experience its the 4 cores plus 1 option each year. You are entering Stage 2 which is 4 semester long, so technically there isn't a 2nd and 3rd year just one long year if that makes sense. I think it allows you to take your 2 options at any time not necessarily one in "second" and one in "third" year but I'm not 100% certain about this. I took one option in semester 1 of the first part of stage 2 and the second in first semester of the second part of stage 2.

Maybe give the programme office or the history office a call to confirm whatever you're not sure about as it may have changed from when I started stage 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Thanks- seems like it would make sense, but I'm still not 100% certain- if anyone has any of their own experiences with this, it'd be very much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah stage 2 is second and third year, so you choose two options over the whole stage. Just choose one option for this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Great- many thanks to both of ye :)

Advertisement