Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delay of 5 hours food cost claim?

Options
  • 02-08-2011 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

I was not given any thing by Ryanair after 5 hours delay. After paying €12 for 1 meal myself. (No recipt) Then €15 for 2 ham rolls & 2 soft drinks. Should I claim multitrip or Ryanair?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

gar32 wrote: »
    I was not given any thing by Ryanair after 5 hours delay. After paying €12 for 1 meal myself. (No recipt) Then €15 for 2 ham rolls & 2 soft drinks. Should I claim multitrip or Ryanair?

Thanks

Make a claim for your costs:
    http://www.ryanair.com/doc/faqs/claim-application-form-en.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

What route and reason given for delay?

Also the above link will not apply to you. Its for overnight delays only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Thanks

how many of you was there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Your rights from the Airline are outlined on the Aviation Regulator website. Claiming from your insurance would probably be pointless, as the excess is likely to exceed the values you have quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Although this issue occured with Ryanair, I am not going to merge it into the Ryanair Megathread, as I believe that it is a more general question - i.e. compensation due when flight delays occur.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

I was coming back from Honeymoon on my wifes Brithday. spent 7 hours in a airport 2 shhops & a cafe. I Normaly would not follow up on these kind of things but after asking for meal from ground staff after 3 & 1/2 hours I was told Ryanair would not answer the phone and they bitched about me while I was still standing there. I went :o but did not get over heated. To top it off when we did get a flight the captain said due to delay there was no food on the flight and suggested we buy a Choclate bar.

Wizz air passangers happily eatting away for free beside us did not help. Wizzair only had 2 hour 20min delay.

Not a get Brithday for my new wife :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

It depends on where you were flying from and destination, what time the flight was scheduled to take off and the time it boarded.

Whether you were in the airport for 6 hours previous is of no matter.

maxer68 wrote: »
    It depends on where you were flying from and destination, what time the flight was scheduled to take off and the time it boarded.

Whether you were in the airport for 6 hours previous is of no matter.

The flight was 5 hours late. due at 16.20 and we took off at 21.20 I was in the airport 2 hours before so I would be on time for the normaly on time Ryanair :)

Any one with a link or contact in Ryanair to get refund for food of €15 as this is not the 1st time they have done some thing like this on me. I am not letting my rights go with them any more.

Thanks you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Here's what I know - Taken from the Ryanair website
    Your rights under EU Regulation (EC) No. 261/2004 are unaffected so in the case of denied boarding, flight cancellation or a delay in excess of two hours you will be provided at the airport with a written notice setting out the rules for compensation and assistance in line with the Regulation.

From here you can link to this document, which states
    3. RIGHT TO CAREIf you are involuntarily denied boarding or if your flight is cancelled or delayed by more than 2 hours, we will offer you, free of charge:
    a) meals and refreshment vouchers in reasonable relation to the waiting time, as long as it will not further delay the departure of the aircraft
    b) two telephone calls, telex or fax messages or e-mails;
    c) hotel accommodation in cases where a stay of one or more nights becomes necessary, or where a stay additional to that intended by you becomes necessary;
    d) transport between the airport and place of accommodation (hotel or other).
    Where it is not feasible for Ryanair to arrange the care set out above, Ryanair will reimburse you for reasonable receipted expenses upon application to: Ryanair Compensation Department, Dublin Airport, Co. Dublin, Ireland.

As always, make sure to keep scanned copies of all receipts, and send any claim via registered post. Also include all details in the letter, including flight number, departure gate etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Your flight was the Eindhoven - Dublin flight on Monday. They delay was longer than expected.

Monday the aircraft you were due on does:
    Dublin - Eindhoven - Palma - Eindhoven - Dublin.

The Dublin - Eindhoven flight was on time and the aircraft departed Eindhoven for Palma but shortly after take off the aircraft develped a slight technical problem. For saftey reasons the aircraft diverted to London-Stansted. Passengers then changed aircraft in London Stansted and departed for Palma. As the aircraft missed its slot in Palma there was a further delay with ground handling and then thery had to wait for a departure slot.

Thanks all I will follow up with advice :) I was aware of what happened with the flight but the what got me was Ryanair are not answering phone for permission to give us our rights. Then giving out to each other about my request when I was standing in front of them. I asked for the number to call myself which did not ring and dutch recorded voice came on. Usualy saying wrong number. Service was very bad. I fly Ryanair a lot & know the flights are cheap but I would pay a little more if it went to helping people delayed like I was.

I know people who hate Ryanair with a passion. If Ryanair have to play by EU rules. Let them charge people so they can cover the costs. I am checking Wizzair and other airlines to compare now.

Voting with feet here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Thanks all I will follow up with advice :) I was aware of what happened with the flight but the what got me was Ryanair are not answering phone for permission to give us our rights. Then giving out to each other about my request when I was standing in front of them. I asked for the number to call myself which did not ring and dutch recorded voice came on. Usualy saying wrong number. Service was very bad. I fly Ryanair a lot & know the flights are cheap but I would pay a little more if it went to helping people delayed like I was.

I know people who hate Ryanair with a passion. If Ryanair have to play by EU rules. Let them charge people so they can cover the costs. I am checking Wizzair and other airlines to compare now.

Voting with feet here :)

Wizzair are FAR FAR worse than Ryanair.

I've used them a few times from Eindhoven and they suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 robocop101

I was on the same flight, I did not get any offers for food or drink. I have been on to Ryanair seeking compensation for the delay , they say they will not pay any as the technical difficulty could not be anticipated. From looking into this it seems this is an easy to use escape clause however the burden of proof lies with them. Anybody working on compensation?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Kid Charlemagne

To be fair to Ryanair some of these EU regs are very onerous on the airlines. The general public are overly cossetted a lot of the time and should learn to stand on their own two feet a bit more.

Unfortunately these overly protective EU regs will only have one end result - higher air fares for all of us.

Advertisement