Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking a year out.

Options
  • 02-08-2011 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

How are things now, I'm hoping someone can lend a bit of help. I have this posted in a few areas to try and get info.

Well I'm considering taking a year out from college to earn money basically. I have finished 1st year in CIT (studying BIS). As I was a lazy fecker I now have 4 exams to repeat in 2 weeks time but I haven't had a chance to study as I am worknig trying to earn money to pay for registration. Now I was considering taking a year out this year and work and earn money etc. and return to my 2nd year in 2012 instead next month.

Now I don't know 1)How to go about this. 2) Are there certain rules etc. about a 1st year in my course and the reason for taking a year out. 3) Is it as simple as leaving for a year and returning once I pay my registration or am I essentially dropping out and re-applying through the CAO?

If you can offer any advice/help it would be fantastic. And feel free to throw in a few ideas about taking the year off and what not.

Thanks Guys,
    SamBam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 JessyMc

Number of problems here!!
    Mainly you "being a lazy fecker", Im just finished my masters and recently got work!!
    No student like to here that they have to take college somewhat seriously!! Obv it is the best time ever, meeting new peopl etc but you are there to learn and get a qualification, since you are paying for it you might aswel put in effort..ANYWAY.

You will have to call/email your head lecturer for advice I would say!
    If you fail your repeats, it would change the situation if you wanted to take a year out!
    You can defer the next year of college to travel provided you are accepted into the next year! If you fail, well I guess you would have to repeat it once you got back.
    But best thing to do is ask you college

Advertisement