Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

price of wild salmon from corrib river . wow

Options
  • 02-08-2011 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

I spoke with an angler near catedral, and he cought recently , two wild salmons and sell them to restaurant for 250 euro for two fish, each fish 5 puounds.

thats is great money for one morning:D

i might start geting into it:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I've lived in Galway for 7 years now and have passed over the salmon weir bridge thousands of times and am yet to see a single salmon being caught! You can see them lined up in the water below though.

He must have had a lucky day, in general I doubt you'll earn minimum wage at it! The licence to fish there is meant to be very expensive... a quick google hasn't come up with the figure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Anglers are not permitted to sell there catch. There is strict regulations in place regarding tagging, releasing and logging of catches etc. In some areas the limit can be 20 fish for a season.

Next time report him and help conservation.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭pepe00

guy I spoke to, had lots os angler's badges on his jacket:D

it was below the bridge, they were fishing from the pathwalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 abusingelves

No I'm pretty sure they are allowed to sell their catch, provided they have their paperwork in order. There are few fish that would go near 45-50 euro a kilo, and I don't know the current price, but I'd say wild salmon would have to be one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

It is prohibited to sell a rod caught salmon. The maximum amount of salmon you can take is 10 per season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭pepe00

few years ago, in january, i cought one salmon in clare river, was terrible taste, later i was told that the taste was bad becouse the fish had sex or smth :D

Advertisement