Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sega Mega Key?

• 02-08-2011 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭

Is there anything like it about so i can play me .jp Desperate seed on my Megadrive?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You'll need the Mega key with dip switches on the back to get true 100% region functionality.

I can confirm that they work with absolutely everything though. I've yet to find a game that it cant get around the lockout on.

One problem though, they're really hard to find! One on ebay at the moment but I would expect for it to end about €50.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEGA-MEGADRIVE-SUPER-MEGA-KEY-GAME-ADAPTER-BOXED-NEW-/300583610236?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item45fc2de77c

The down side to them though is the game'll be playing in 50hz. You're better off having your console modded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Are game Genie's any use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

There are two types of region lock.

Physical lock (the cart can't fit the console) - Game Genie can get around this. But don't bother, as all you have to do is remove the two little plastic notches from the Megadrive case. You don't need a Game Geanie at all for that.

Then there's the real lock outs. Which Game Geanies are rubbish for. Theoretically you can get codes to get around these locks, but there are more than likely no codes written for the games you want.

Then even with the codes,you'd have to manually enter them every time you wanted to play the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Sega mega keys are kinda expensive like O1s said, I got mine from greece and it cost me 20 delivered.

Way cheaper, and better to just mod the console

Advertisement