Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry problem doing my head in!!

Options
  • 02-08-2011 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Its only a small issue but i cant fix it!! When i make a call on my curve, after i hang up, the call log list pops up and i cant disable it. I have call logging set to none but it still pops up.Any help please??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭boarder777

did u try to pull the battery out?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭marilynmonroe

Yep the battery has been out since it started doing this...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Are you running a theme?

No theme running, though i have one downloaded onto phone which i could delete??

You can delete it and see but if it's not running it may not be the problem. Could try an OS (operating system) reinstall. What curve have you specifically, 8520 or 9300?

I can post a link to latest OS and instructions on how to install it.

• Advertisement

its the 8520, thanks

Software For BlackBerry® Curve(TM) 8520 Smartphone
    This will install to any carrier's 8520 device by following the instructions below.

BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1728 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 5.0.0.1728
    Consisting of:

Applications: 5.0.0.1067
    Software Platform: 5.2.0.96
    File name: 8520wifiM_PBr5.0.0_rel1728_PL5.2.0.96_A5.0.0.1067_ AT_T.exe
    File size: 125.47MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

There are All and Multi Language versions of this available on the link below.

Download the OS file here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=577BCC914F9E55D5E4E4F82F9F00E7D4

Instructions to install, regardless of carrier.

1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
    2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Vista/Win7 users: In the apploader folder, simply click on "Compatibility files" to see the actual Vendor.xml file. Once you've got that - simply delete the vendor.xml file there (even if you've deleted or think you've deleted it in the folder previously).
    3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a screen with an hourglass or status bar for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
    If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.

Courtesy: http://www.blackberryforums.com/

Thanks Cookie, ill give it a go

Any problems post back. And back up your device prior to installing. You can get Blackberry desktop manager here:
    http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

Advertisement