Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"LIVE ON SPIKE" - SUNDAY 7TH AUGUST

Options
  • 02-08-2011 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I just lifted this from the Cork County Council site re. Spike Island. I was at the "Damhsafest" a few weeks back - it was such a brilliant day out, from the boat ride to/from Spike - the island was a fantastic venue - sitting in the square, you just absorb the history of your surroundings. I can't wait to get back there next Sunday for the Concerts. I couldn't believe there was a cafe there, mind you I'll still bring my picnic (but prefer my coffee freshly brewed vs. a flask :)) I heard there are limited tickets, anyone else heading there???

‘Live on Spike’ - Featuring Music from The Frank and Walters,
    Ken Cotter and Mark Slade and other well-known Cork Artists.
    Bring a Picnic. Boats leave Kennedy Pier in Cobh at 11.30am until
    1.30pm and return from 5.30pm.
    [Boat trips for the free events are €10 per adult and €5 per child, or a
    family ticket is €25. Tickets available from the Kiosk on Kennedy Pier in
    Cobh or Cobh Heritage Centre – The Queenstown Story. The Spike Island
    Walking Tours are not included in these prices.]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tantrevlar

I heard those gigs are really good - limited availabilty on the tickets so need to be there early and catch the boats as they leave fairly promptly! Great day out and looking forward next Sunday- fingers crossed we get good weather!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tantrevlar

Hi Everyone, I just heard that that the concert scheduled for Sunday on Spike Island has had to be cancelled due to the bad weather that is forecast. What a shame - but, it is going to happen in August and any tickets that have already been bought will stand for the new date. Be sure and keep an eye here on the boards for updates and also I think 96fm and Red fm will be giving details of the new date....better to be in the sunshine than the rain! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Its a shame it as cancelled.

Im suprised though that its on at such early times.

An evening gig for older people would be fantastic!

Advertisement