Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skerries Indoor Market

Options
  • 02-08-2011 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

www.skerriesindoormarket.com

Have been out here the last couple of weekends and it's got a great mix of stuff. Got some lovely cakes there, and they sell LOADS of books/jewelry/ antiques etc.
    It's in Loughshinny and is well sign posted. Great to avoid the rain by being indoors too :)

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I went out I think maybe the first or second week it opened and found it terrible, left after about 2 minutes. Maybe they've since added more but there was feck all when I was there, it was like something from an episode of Father Ted... I expected to see a lad with an 'I Shot JR' T-shirt manning a stall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

It's definitely still "up and coming" but I got some nice cakes, earrings and books. It's still a market. so you'll still have some of the same stuff but it's indoor which appeals on a rainy day!! They have also opened up an auction house bit that has loads of furniture and stuff. It was packed when I was there last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

I was expecting a nice farmers market with some nice stalls selling local stuff and afew other stands selling market wares. Instead it was a minefield of junk and rubbish, very disappointed ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Instead it was a minefield of junk and rubbish, very disappointed ;(

My wife is just back from it, and she totally agrees with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

I was expecting a nice farmers market with some nice stalls selling local stuff and afew other stands selling market wares. Instead it was a minefield of junk and rubbish, very disappointed ;(

A huge non event!! Went up with a mate and left 10mins later…..
    You couldn’t give the stuff away!!
    Could do so much better!

• Advertisement
Advertisement