Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Guitars what a band

Options
  • 02-08-2011 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

I was out in West Cork at the weekend and came across Hot Guitars by accident I hadnt seen or heard of them for years. Jesus they played an incredible set I had a few serious music heads with me from overseas and they were very impressed. Joe OCallaghan the lead singer was brilliant and a great showman. Any idea what age he is, my mates were wondering. The Guitars have been around since what late 70s???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Liamoooooooo

Hi discostu1, Joe was born 4th of Jan 1949, so that makes him 62 yrs young last birthday. He has such incredibble energy for a man his age and recently performed in Youghal which I just posted yesterday. See below and enjoy!:)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwO11rm1-XI

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

discostu1 wrote: »
    I was out in West Cork at the weekend and came across Hot Guitars by accident I hadnt seen or heard of them for years. Jesus they played an incredible set I had a few serious music heads with me from overseas and they were very impressed. Joe OCallaghan the lead singer was brilliant and a great showman. Any idea what age he is, my mates were wondering. The Guitars have been around since what late 70s???
    Ah ha, the Anchor Bar, good laugh alright. It always is with the Hot Guitars.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Moro Man

IIRC Hot Press had a 25 year anniversary gig around 10 years ago and the invited the only two bands who figured in their "ten to watch for the future list" who were still in existence

Hot Guitars and U2 and I think the joke was that U2 were lower on the list

http://www.irishrock.org/irodb/bands/hotguitars.html

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

Ah ha, the Anchor Bar, good laugh alright. It always is with the Hot Guitars.

Thats the one, I would give Joe OCallaghan 10 or 15 years but he put on some performance. Great to hear live music like that in a small "intimate" setting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Joe is excellent, no end to his energy, remembering him playing at an anti nuclear festival in Carnsore point back in the late 70's

• Advertisement
Advertisement