Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reheating pork (& keeping moist) ?

Options
  • 02-08-2011 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Did a pork loin yesterday & it was georgous. I rub in olive oil, cracked salt & pepper, little tabasco sauce (all premixed), then sear it, I then roast it with water in the pan underneath (topped up midway through), it comes out with a delicious crust & extremely moist & flavourfull.

Previously any leftovers would have been allowed to cool, then refrigerated & used in sandwiches, but I feel like doing tonights dinner with it instead.

I was thinking of doing pulled pork sandwiches - toasted ciabatta, iceberg lettuce, red onion marmalade, served with sweet potatoe wedges.

But... How do I rehear the port & keep it moist ? Previousl experience of reheating pork has had it extremely dry. The leftover joint is unsliced.

Any help or suggestions to other recipies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

I'd probably slice it thinly as possible an reheat in stock which you could flavour to suit whatever dish you are making.

I think if you sliced it thinly enough and reheated it like this you could even shred it for pulled pork sandwiches.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Hm, I'd say err on the side of caution and eat it cold. Nothing worse than dried out meat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Did it in vegetable stock with BBQ flavouring & it came out fantastic. :)

Advertisement