Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdressers In Drogheda(rant)

Options
  • 02-08-2011 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Anyone know of a good professional hairdressers in Drogheda?
    As I need to make an appointment considering I only got my hair cut at the weekend :mad:
    I went to David Murray Hair and Beauty in the laurances shopping centre at the weekend and that will be the last time I will go the place. This is the first time I have ever complained online about a place but I was so disgusted the way I was treated there at the weekend I want to share my experience with others.
    The hairdresser(who clearly was having a bad day) made me feel like I was an inconvenience to her and also in the way of her other customers(even though I had booked my appointment two weeks in advance) and I have been there before.She did such a bad job of my hair, I dont even know what she cut off!! It looks no different from before I went in. Blow dry was like an afro when I left the place and then she charges me €55, they obviously added the 4% service vat on instead of off as the price went up since I was last there (I do know its not compulsory in all places to reduce the vat rate on services)
    I know it doesnt seem to be a terrible service but in these days when your forking over money you want your moneys worth. Also getting your hair cut is a service and if your not getting a good one the customer will not be back!!

So someone please recommend a nice friendly place where you dont feel like crap after you leave..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I've had my hair cut in Renaissance at the southgate shopping centre in Colpe a few times. Can't fault them, but I've fairly simple hair to cut! Although it is naturally curly and both times I've had a perfect straight blow dry afterwards.

I haven't been since the VAT cut so I don't know if it's been implemented but my cut was about €50 the last timeI went. It's a small salon so pre booking would be essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

Did you complain to the shop itself? Tell them you weren't happy with the service and give them a chance to rectify it (e.g. by offering you another haircut, maybe with a different stylist?)

I use Peter Mark in Scotch Hall myself, consistent service, and they did apply the vat reductions recently (as well as their own 20% reduction off their advertised prices).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Check this place out Lucente, on main street Dunleer, Wash cut and blow dry €30 Overall Winner of the best salon in Louth 2010.
    This place is doing great hairstyles at great rates..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

macadam wrote: »
    Check this place out Lucente, on main street Dunleer, Wash cut and blow dry €30 Overall Winner of the best salon in Louth 2010.
    This place is doing great hairstyles at great rates..

That's very cheap!
    Any catches? Does it have to be on a Mon-Thur appointment or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

That's very cheap!
    Any catches? Does it have to be on a Mon-Thur appointment or anything?

Special offers at the moment probably until the end of the month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Norma_Desmond

A friend of mine works in a hairdressers in Drogheda called Bubblegum.

Here's a link to their facebook page http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=114452911920912

They're a really friendly bunch of girls working there and from my experience will do your hair the way you want it, unlike a lot of hairdressers!

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 lour26

Hi OP here, I rang the salon and the manager was lovely and said he will personally look after me and sort me out, which was nice of him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

I'm glad it's being sorted for you!

Advertisement