Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Deals on Android Tablets in the City?

• 02-08-2011 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Anyone seen any great value Android Tablets around town?
    I need to buy 2 so I'm looking for the best deal available,

Cheers for any help! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

Some smple advice,firstly decide what exactly you want to use it for,battery life needed etc.
    shop around and write down makes/models/prices etc.
    do a google search for the one you might be interested in and look for customer reviews,make a note of the ones that you find useful.
    there are so many on the market and being a fairly new product it's better to get the facts before you part with cash,don't trust the salesman/woman either after all they are trying to make a sale.
    there is loads of info on the net so don't rush in and end up with something that does not live up to your expectations.
    shops that sell them//maplins on childers rd/sound store/currys/pc world/ also try www.pixmania.ie an irish seller with great bargains.
    happy hunting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I haven't heard of Android tablets, but you can pick up most other kinds of tablets easily enough around the city. Just look out for the shifty looking characters with tracksuits tucked into their white socks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭smartblaa

Hi nicholasfierce,
    It depends entirely on what you're looking for.

what's your budget?
    would you fork out a little more for the latest and greatest?

this is brand spanking new (latest and greatest) billed as a potential iPad killer.. arriving in all Currys/PC Worlds late this week. The UK price is £399, so would expect it to come in at over €450

On the other end of the scale you have the likes of this which is on offer on Komplett this week for €139

Smartblaa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

This is also worth considering: Archos G9 out in September

link

Great specs - priced at $370 in the US.

Other than that as smartblaa said, the Samsung is top of the Android range at the mo.

If you know anybody travelling from States - you can pick up either the iPad 2 or Samsung 10.1 for €350

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

I bought a Yarvik tablet on komplett.ie. Its a basic enough one but its andriod 2.2 and was only 130 euro so a bargain for a basic tablet

• Advertisement
Advertisement